• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED M.I.T. (BIOS) settings for 1866 RAM Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kunou

While going through the Memory forum, I noticed that I have a similar problem with others, however, setting up voltage settings doesn't seem easy for my board (or I just seriously don't understand this stuff).

My problem is having my DDR3 RAM run at 1866MHz (New Egg link)

CPU is an AMD 8350 (Vishera). I know it supports this kind of RAM (and so does my motherboard).

My Gigabyte MB automatically sets it to 1333MHz. I've tried a combination of DRAM E.O.C.P. and manually setting the clock up to run at 1866MHz, but I keep getting a BIOS error that my "overclocking" settings are not properly adjusted. Thing is, I'm not trying to overclock at all! I just want my 1866 RAM to run at the proper speed. My research tells me that I need to adjust the proper voltages to 10-11-10-30. However, I don't see how I can do that easily on the BIOS.

memory-capture.png

IMG_4966.jpg

IMG_4978.jpg

IMG_4977.jpg

What would I need to adjust, guys? I'm into video editing and virtual machines, so I built this PC up myself (first built). Thank you. *Bows*

-

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
AMD 8350 4.0GHz 8-core (w/Cool Master Hyper Plus 220 fan & heatsink)
DDR3 Dual - 1866MHz (2x8GB)
GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 motherboard
NVIDIA GeForce GT 240
Corsair CX750 Builder Series ATX 80 PLUS Bronze

Take DDR3 Timing Items off Auto and adjust CAS# Latency, RAS to CAS R/W Delay, Row Precharge Time, and Minimum RAS Active Time to 10-11-10-30 respectively, with 1T/2T Command Timing set to 2T and the DRAM voltage adjusted to 1.5V.

My research tells me that I need to adjust the proper voltages to 10-11-10-30.
These are the timings, not the voltages. In your last screenshot, DDR3 set it from AUTO to manuel, and adjust the timings there.
And please use the paperclip under advanced to attach images :)

edit: ninja'd bei redduc900 ;)

Incredible! Easy, simple answers -- my RAM's now running at the proper speed of 939.6MHz per channel (according to CPU-Z)! Thanks, Redduc900! And thanks for clarifying, idkfa! I'll also keep in mind to attach images instead. :)

Now, I'm off to stress it with Prime95.

Back