• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

M2 socket

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
c627627 said:
They release M2, milk as much $ as they can > then use it as a Sempron platform while milking the $ anew from the new Socket reserved for the higher end offerings for which there won't be Semprons just like there aren't Semprons for Socket 939 retail.
Hmm, history always seems to repeat itself in one form or another in the computer industry...

OC Detective said:
Specifically:
"AMD plans to introduce a dual-core version of the AMD Athlon 64 FX processor when multithreaded software games are available to take advantage of its benefits. "

If the 4800+ X2 had the label FX, and 13 & up unlocked multis, would it meet the FX criteria?

So you change multipliers usually only if you are an overclocker and overclockers don't need 13 & up in a quality system housing the X2 4800+, right?

So if you took a magic marker and wrote FX on it... you'd have an X2 FX?

(There's quite a few people out there 'holding out' for an X2 FX...why?)

c627627 said:
So you change multipliers usually only if you are an overclocker and overclockers don't need 13 & up in a quality system housing the X2 4800+, right?

So if you took a magic marker and wrote FX on it... you'd have an X2 FX?

(There's quite a few people out there 'holding out' for an X2 FX...why?)
Because they they feel the need to spend an extra $500 needlessly. :rolleyes:

They might be clocked higher *shrug*

And I dont think X2 4800+ with 13+ multipliers nominates it an FX. Arent FX's cream of the crop of the x2 4800+ cores, in which case they are a little better then the X2 4800+. So magic marker wont solve everything, but what do I know I am not that bright.

Back