• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

M4A79T-E (am3 790gx) artifacts when running Rosetta

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bobnova

Details:
PhII [email protected]/[email protected]/1.175v
Asus M4A78T-E mobo.
Raidmax PSU that has done just fine at 3.7ghz 1.5vcore

At 3.6ghz it has done an hour of P95 no problem, and more recently spent an hour at varying voltages and 3.25/2.25 for an article, no problem.

When i run rosetta@home however, i start getting video artifacts after about half an hour. I felt the NB heatsink (which houses the HD3300), and it was warm but not unpleasantly so (maybe 45*c or so), the NB temp sensor read 35*c.
I shut it down and rebooted, everything was fine.
Just because, i cleaned off the factory TIM and put arctic alumina ceramique (man that OEM tim is a pain to clean). I also installed a fan on the NB heatsink, just in case.
Testing again, it did the same thing. After half an hour i get video artifacts, rosetta gets massive CPU errors, firefox crashes, and everything goes to hell. Windows itself however does not crash.

The only mention of artifacts i can find was in an xbit article on the mobo that mentions that they got artifacts using the HD3300 if the HTref was over 275, and that if the NB overheats badly it will give artifacts.

So, given that it's not overheating (as far as i can tell), and the HTref is only 250, what do you all think?

EDIT:
Gah, typo in the title. It's a M4A78T-E.

Last edited:
Back