• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

M4A87TD/USB3 heatsink question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BDL101

I have noticed that the larger heatsink for the chipset in the middle of the motherboard that is held on by spring brackets seems to be loose. it doesnt move by its self but if you press on it, it can rock back and forth. if you leave it for a bit it becomes slightly stuck again but with a bit of pressure it will unstick and rock back and forth. is this normal? is it the thermal paste that is getting un-stuck and thus allowing it to rock back and forth? I havent installed my M4A87TD motherboard or used my motherbaord yet - it is still in its box so im assuming the thermal paste hasnt heated up yet so maybe after it heats up and spreads the heatsink will be more secure?

any ideas?
Thanks

The A8N32's board heatsinks are that way and I never had any problems with them in over four years of use and multiple systems using them. I wouldn't worry about it.

Back