• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED M4A88TD-V CPU RATIO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Awptex

Hey guy's i just bought my new mobo and CPU a few days ago M4A88TD-V and a Phenom II x4 965 BE. And i am trying to over clock by changing the multiplier and it won't let me i turn Cool n Quite off and set overclocking to manuel and i try to change the CPU ratio but it won't let me it just sits on auto when i hit enter nothing happens. I can change CPU Frequency but that only goes up by 200.... 3200,3400,3600.... Do you think updating to latest bios would help? :comp:

by the way it won't let me edit my sig anyone know how?

the m4a88**-* series has the latest asus bios. have you installed amd overdrive? it has a full on overclocking header.

First off, love the Avatar. Second, you are not suppose to use OS to OC.

Your problem sounds familiar, let me see if there was a BIOS bug on this.

EDIT

So lets start off with the basics and work up. Go ahead and update the BIOS and than look at the BIOS and make sure that it is reading the CPU as it should be.

Alright, downloaded Bios 1401 its the latest one on asus site. Saved on USB Drive. Restarted went into EZ Flash 2 updated from there it did its thing i tried changing the CPU Ratio and just wouldn't let me still. Tried putting Core unlocker on nothing still can't.

Back