• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

M5a97 Mobo Case Front Panel (Power Switch, Power LED, etc) Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johntkucz

Hi,

Mobo is Asus M5a97.
Case is Rosewill Future Gaming Case.

I am so stoked about installing the mobo and finally building my rig wahoo!! However, I have found the area on the mobo that designates
  • Reset Switch
  • Power Switch
  • IDE LED

Great, but my case has
  • Reset Switch
  • Power Switch
  • Power LED
  • HDD LED
  • and one other connection

sooo........How do I know the proper configuration of some of those two-pronged (Two-wires) connections and where do they go within that reset/power/ideled connector?

I can attach photo(s) if necessary. Cheers. thanks.

Have not looked in your manual...but>

Mobo > Reset Switch = Case > Reset Switch
Mobo > Power Switch = Case > Power Switch
Mobo > IDE LED = Case HDD LED > The LEDs should be connected + to +. Colored wire of the two goes on the positive pin of the motherboard. FYI the 'lower' numbered pin on mobo is the + connector of the mobo.
You need to look closely as I would surely imagine there is a Power LED (2 pins) on the motherboard also, that matches the case Power LED 2 pin connector.

Great, but my case has
Reset Switch
Power Switch
Power LED
HDD LED

Colored wire of the two goes on the positive pin of the motherboard. FYI the 'lower' numbered pin on mobo is the + connector of the mobo.
You need to look closely as I would surely imagine there is a Power LED (2 pins) on the motherboard also, that matches the case Power LED 2 pin connector.
This is great information. I did not know this and I usually just guess at how it goes in.

Back