• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Front panel connections?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pauleduc

Registered
Working on my 1st build, and have a question regarding how to connect the front panel wires fron my corsair vengeance C70 case to my ASUS Z87 mobo. The wires are for the power-on switch, reset switch, and HDD LED... Each pair of wires is enclosed in a connector, but no polarity seems to be indicated on the connectors. The mobo however, does have polarity indicated on the headers.

I suspect it is not too critical for the switches, but I think proper polarity is required for the LED.. Correct?

Back to the connectors, one side does have a small embossed triangle (barely noticable) ... Is this positive or negative?

The LEDs are polarized. If the connector is unmarked and both wires are the same color, just plug it in. If it doesn't work, just reverse the connection.

Switches are normally non-polarized but, when I built my current rig, after I had installed everything, the PSU kept getting tripped, as though by a short somewhere. I tracked it down to the reset switch. The problem went away when I reversed its connector. Weird.

There should be a triangle on the header. IIRC, that is the positive side. But as others have said, if it doesn't work, flip it.

Working on my 1st build, and have a question regarding how to connect the front panel wires fron my corsair vengeance C70 case to my ASUS Z87 mobo. The wires are for the power-on switch, reset switch, and HDD LED... Each pair of wires is enclosed in a connector, but no polarity seems to be indicated on the connectors. The mobo however, does have polarity indicated on the headers.

I suspect it is not too critical for the switches, but I think proper polarity is required for the LED.. Correct?

You're right, the switches don't matter, but the HDD LED does. The writing on the connector should face OUT.

Back