• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

M5A99X Evo R2.0 Socket temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's actually relatively easy, If you have a jigsaw just cut a hole in the motherboard tray. Then you can do either of the following. Mount a fan using double sided tape to the Cpu backplate or you can then cut a hole in the panel door and mount a fan there. I did the latter and have a 120 mm fan exhausting air out of the case. This is what Johan did to his system.

Wow amazing!. Thank you, you saved me :D I hope this would lower a bit my socket temps. I mean even 4 Cº would be appreciated!

Cutting the motherboard tray and the panel door, with the installation of a 120mm fan dropped my socket temps 10-12c. Just make sure, if you're going to do it, that you file the burrs off the tray and make sure no metal is touching the motherboard.

Cutting the motherboard tray and the panel door, with the installation of a 120mm fan dropped my socket temps 10-12c. Just make sure, if you're going to do it, that you file the burrs off the tray and make sure no metal is touching the motherboard.

Yeah if a fan blows a metal chip unto electrical contacts...OOPs. Hopefully the mobo tray is removable for cutting and DEburring.
RGone...

Gin. - I see u got over 4.4 on a M5A99X. I cannot get over 4.4, but im running bios 2005, and i can see you using 1503. maybe i should try go back so i can hit 4.5/4.6. ?

Some boards like an earlier bios. Mine does for sure with my FX-8350 on CHV non-Z board. I never flash a bios just to be flashing. If I have zero issues, I never flash forward. If the bios README has no mention of an issue afflicting me...I don't flash. Period.
RGone...

Gin. - I see u got over 4.4 on a M5A99X. I cannot get over 4.4, but im running bios 2005, and i can see you using 1503. maybe i should try go back so i can hit 4.5/4.6. ?

I'm using 2005 since I used to have some bios settings issues with default bios. How ever, it may be a good idea to try stability with the default bios.
I must say, that I wasn't able to reach a stable 4,5 using only the CPU Multipler. I believe I just gained a bit of extra stability by using the FSB "@250" In my case. I have Cpu-NB @2500 1.220V and HT running at the same speed. It gives you a performance gain, I feel it, just faster.
My idle freq went up from 1400mhz to 1755mhz. Also, I use like 1.380-1.390 but under load it will give only 1.356 but constant.
My mems are running at 1666mhz from 1600, no big deal @1.55V, timings = default 9-9-9-24 / 2T

Anything else could be related to the chip itself, sometimes chips likes different voltages and settings for higher clocks idk.

Back