• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Major PC meltdown.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alansa

EDIT: Figured it out it's a virus

image-8FF0_4EBF7809.jpg

Any idea what virus though?

Last edited:
EDIT: Figured it out it's a virus

image-8FF0_4EBF7809.jpg

Any idea what virus though?

What software was that?

Get us some details because from looking at that I would call it an internet based scam to get you to buy a product.

If C:\ does not initalize how can the scan run?

The GPU\RAM temp is crap. Urgent RAM memory optimization is required is a dead give away.

RAM memory speed decreased signifigantly?

I would reboot in safe mode and unistall that crap and run a real AV program. My guess is that that software telling you that there are problems is the problem.

Last edited:
[My guess is that that software telling you that there are problems is the problem.]

Yeah, look at the lower left of the capture that is not fully shown. It looks like it says: (Non)-Functional version.

those types of viruses are the worst of the worst in getting rid of, forget trying to use scanners to remove it because any hint of the virus that is left behind will just allow it to re download and run itself all over again. I tried to get rid of one on my half bros laptop and after removing the files and 50+ registry entries manually it was back as soon as he got it home and went online, my final solution was a reformat and reinstall.

Back