• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MAJOR Problems .. please help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madhatR

ok i dont know where to post this so ill post it here .. if the mods wanna move it then so be it.

i have a DFI UT SLI-DR motherboard .. just recently purchased along with a bfg 7800 gtx oc ..the rest of my system specs are in my sig .. the hard drives im using are a 74gb raptor and 2x 300gb maxtor sata hds not run as a raid setup .. i get everything fine .. boot into windows after a fresh install .. im not overclock .. everything is stock speeds .. everything is fine with browsing the net .. email .. chatting .. wutever .. i can super pi .. 3dmark05 . wutever .. no problems .. i can play counterstrike no problem .. i install battlefield 2 .. i have my account .. go to login .. it hangs on the connecting to server or whatever .. and sits there for 30 min or so .. the computer is not frozen .. it just wont connect .. and wont let me alt tab out .. so i ctrl-alt-del a few times and shut down my pc .. i reboot and at the opening screen .. where it shows the pc booting up .. normally it flies thru that ..

then it says scanning or wutever for ide drives .. finds 2 of my hds on internal sata 3 and 4 .. then it nornally goes to searching for ide devices again and shows internal sata 1 and 2 .. now one of the hds is on sata 2 .. but this time doesnt show anything .. the hd all of a sudden disappears and it takes like 10 minutes to finally get past the opening bios screen and then when it gets to the winxp screen where its loading .. it just hangs .. with the win xp logo kinda faded .. and basically i have to reinstall windows ..

this has happened 3 times .. i have only once gotten past the bf2 connecting screen and actually got to play it ..

please help me .. im basically about to kill myself .. im seriously considering selling off the dfi board and getting an asus or something '

i dont know what could be causing this and its really friggin annoying .. :bang head :bang head

I agree, the drivers might be badly installed. Go get Driver Cleaner and then do a fresh install of the drivers.

-1cem4n

If the drivers are badly installed, why doesnt it hang when he installs CS, BF2, 3dmark05, etc. I would also suggest to update to the latest drivers to fix some issues.

Try to run a hard drive diagnostic program from the HD manufacture, and try to get a SMART reading.

:bang head hmm i dont have S.M.A.R.T. enabled in the bios ? should i enable it

well after i reset the bios the hd shows up again and everything is fine .. this board is worthless lol

Back