• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Making my own water chiller out of a window unit, I have some questions.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Khaotik55

Registered
I originally posted this over at OCN but I decided to take it here also due to lack of answers recently, and hoping I could find someone who has done the same thing as me.

My latest question is would I be able to get this working with this.

Original Thread

Thanks to anyone who happens to know what the hell I'm talking about. :screwy:

Skimmed over your post briefly sorry didn't really have the time to tear into it more.

If i understand what your trying to do is add a temperature control unit so that if the compressor or water gets to hot that it will shut down the unit?

Or are you trying to make it so that the compressor cycles on and off based on temperatures so that it isn't 100% run time and just cycles on and off?

Or are you trying to make it so that the compressor cycles on and off based on temperatures so that it isn't 100% run time and just cycles on and off?

There you go.

I need a thermostat that has a temperature range nothing higher than 0f lowest, and nothing lower than 50f highest. It has to have the correct amp requirements for an air conditioning unit(20+FLA, 80+LRA), and must be under 60 dollars.

Last edited:
Back