• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG Manjkls1 Budget Gaming Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks good! Though I wouldn't say the temps with stock cooler were outrageously high either. Considering you typically won't see that type of load anyway. It'd 'do the job', just the 212x will do it a lot better XD.

Looks good! Though I wouldn't say the temps with stock cooler were outrageously high either. Considering you typically won't see that type of load anyway. It'd 'do the job', just the 212x will do it a lot better XD.

Looks like the typical safe temps for a stock cooler to me.

Hmmm, looks like I took the info from CPU-World too seriously. After further investigation it seems normal I guess. Either way, cooler is better.

Source: http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Core_i5/Intel-Core i5-4590.html

EDIT: for those who don't want to click.
View attachment 184227

Hmmm, looks like I took the info from CPU-World too seriously. After further investigation it seems normal I guess. Either way, cooler is better.

Source: http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Core_i5/Intel-Core i5-4590.html

EDIT: for those who don't want to click.
View attachment 184227

They misrepresent that information, it is taken from here:
http://ark.intel.com/products/80815/Intel-Core-i5-4590-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_70-GHz

The temperature they site is actually the Tcase, which is the maximum temperature allowed of the IHS and not of the die itself.

Well, that's interesting. Intel gives us a Tcase temp but there's no sensor there. So, how is one supposed to ever know what the Tcase temp is if the sensor isn't located at the IHS? Seems to me it would be better if they would spec the internal temp. I know they shut down around 100c but I hope I never see it happen LOL.

Well, that's interesting. Intel gives us a Tcase temp but there's no sensor there. So, how is one supposed to ever know what the Tcase temp is if the sensor isn't located at the IHS? Seems to me it would be better if they would spec the internal temp. I know they shut down around 100c but I hope I never see it happen LOL.

If I had enough time I could calculate it via heat transfer methodology, using some assumed values.
I agree though, it would be great if they could give us a real temp.

Final Parts list and reveal

So it has come to completion. It's been a great journey and has come time for Manjkls1 to receive his new baby. I would like to thank him for the patience in working with me. It is truly best to take your time and do things right. SO enough of my blathering. Here's the final parts list and pics.

Part | Model | Store | Price (w/tax)
CPU | Intel Core i5-4590 3.3Ghz | Micro Center | Combo w/ MB
Motherboard | ASRock Killer Z97 Fatal!ty | Micro Center | $242.93
CPU Cooler | Cooler Master Hyper 212x | Newegg | $39.99
Ram | G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB (2x4) 1866 CL9 | Newegg | $39.99
OS/Gaming SSD | Plextor M7V M.2 2280 256GB Sata III | Newegg | $69.99
Storage HDD | Hitachi Ultrastar 1TB 7200RPM | Amazon | $39.75
PSU | EVGA 500 B1 500W 80+ Bronze | Newegg | $44.99
GPU | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6GB | Newegg | $269.99
ODD | LG 12X Blu-Ray Disc Drive M-DISC | Newegg | $37.98
Case | Rosewill GUNGNIR ATX Mid Tower | Newegg | $59.99
Operating System | Windows 10 Home (64 bit) | Outlet PC |$102.83
Grand Total | | | $948.43

View attachment 184264

View attachment 184265

View attachment 184266

View attachment 184267

View attachment 184268

View attachment 184269

View attachment 184270

There may be a future post with FPS comparisons between this rag and one or two of my other rigs if time permits. Also keep an eye on the front page. If things ever slow down I'd like to do a full review of this case.

Good work. Nice, clean and simple. Nothing over specced but will handle pretty much everything!

I really hate your prices... Lol. A blu ray drive here is like 90+.
That board alone is around 200 aud. PSU is like 90.

I understand economics doesn't work that way.. Different demand, different economy, different min wage, import taxes, GST, and general 'screw you' mentality of our gov doesn't help. Hahahaha.

Back