• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Marathon: February CineBench

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
:p

Nothing personal, but I have a goal this month to bury at least one H20 cooled 8350 behind me while still pushing air, just to say I did. :D
This is all in fun so if it's me, then good job! Though I'm going to do my best not to let it happen. :)

MD, I don't think I'm going to beat you without changing cooling systems. I'm hoping to run anything over 9.00 while stable enough to actually get the screencap. You're past that already and I don't buy that you've given it your best shot this early. ;)

You're past that already and I don't buy that you've given it your best shot this early.
Yes and no, I definitely think I can get a better score, but I haven't yet. I just couldn't take the cold anymore the day I spoke about so I stopped. :) Watch the temps in NY next sub 40f weekday and I'll be looking for more.

Well I'm playing a slightly different game than the rest of you when you look at our voltages, but it might still apply. When you crash during the bench, is it usually during the final 4-5 squares rendering in the upper left corner?

No my crashes are usually in the middle of it. Oh and I'm freezing my arse off right now I was just trying for more to no avail. Best I could do was 9.08, I'm actually crashing at the same OC specs as when I ran the 9.09. :( I couldn't do a single run at a higher OC.

ill use the window untill i get this done hopefuly soon that pulled down to 15 in about 10-15mins

Attachments

• ac puter 102.jpg
    ac puter 102.jpg
    414 KB · Views: 74
  • ac puter 118.jpg
    ac puter 118.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 74
  • emily and victoria 091.jpg
    emily and victoria 091.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 74
Be carefull with condensation you guys running the ac units to cool you're hardware, the last thing we want you to do is kill you're rig.

@ Kenny- doesn't A/C remove humidity from the air, not the other way around? At any rate, as long as the surface is warmer than the temp of the air, there shouldn't be any condensation.... I think.

:chair:

@ MD- try bumping down the priority of the benchmark in task manager after opening it. Yes, I said down. I figured out in my case, it seemed iike the system was so entirely wrapped up in rendering the bench, it was crashing when the program started to calculate the score (ie always the last group of squares). Your mileage may vary- I think it's only happening that way for me because I'm walking on the very edge.

@ TT- I was going to try quoting a picture or part of your post and explain that this is why people assume we are all nuts, but then I realized that there is no way to even begin to do justice to how much the pictures say. :D

We really are a few cards short of a full deck. At the point when we started building custom ducting/enclosures for our home air conditoning units, most people would have just bought the proper gear for DICE or LN2.:p

@ Kenny- doesn't A/C remove humidity from the air, not the other way around? At any rate, as long as the surface is warmer than the temp of the air, there shouldn't be any condensation.... I think.

:chair:

It will be fine when you're running the rig in the ac box, but its when you have finished and the parts of the rig that are colder than the ambient air outside the box start to gather droplets of condensation and just sit somewhere nice for the next time you turn in the rig and POP "oh no wtf was that" that's why I'm saying just be carefull and make sure there's no water droplets on the board next time you run it up... Its all good fun and you guys look like you're having blast :attn:

Trailer, just make sure that you don't get it so cold that the water in the fad starts forming ice crystals. They can clog up the system.

Thanks OC, I'll have to take a look at downing Cinebench, walking on the edge? I think we're hanging from it!

No worries. It really did help for me. Also, if I overclocked the GPU to a massive degree but then shut down Trixx so it wasn't taking up as much CPU power, it helped consistantly .01-.03 points. There are a lot of other tweaks I am testing out that may net 10%+ improvements at the same clocks, but I don't want to count my chickens yet. It only has held true at stock clocks so far.

Yeah, way over the edge. I've given up on even having a finished "computer" at this point. Ordered this case today

a1.png

http://www.mydiypcusa.com/products/cases/bench-case/alpha-gt3-case.html

And my new 1/25th horsepower, 1360cfm case fan
air-king-9312-2-m.jpg

It will be fine when you're running the rig in the ac box, but its when you have finished and the parts of the rig that are colder than the ambient air outside the box start to gather droplets of condensation and just sit somewhere nice for the next time you turn in the rig and POP "oh no wtf was that" that's why I'm saying just be carefull and make sure there's no water droplets on the board next time you run it up... Its all good fun and you guys look like you're having blast :attn:
That's it alright.
Be careful of the card parts when you're done.

We really are a few cards short of a full deck. At the point when we started building custom ducting/enclosures for our home air conditoning units, most people would have just bought the proper gear for DICE or LN2.
dice/ln2 pots to much money. my ac/box is up to $25.00 so far ac was free other stuff from other projects

Unless it gets really cold here, below 20 f, I don't think I'm going to get more out of it but I think this is a pretty good run.
AMD/Mandrake/FX-8350/H20/9.22

Attachments

• 9.22a.PNG
    9.22a.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 49
Back