• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Marathon: February CineBench

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
some things ib is a decent bit faster. but in general, I feel it is a tiny little step above sb. chip will go a little faster with some decent cold, but not a ton without using the pot and dice or better.
may have to break out the old 2600k and see how far it will go 8 threads

I do happen to have some artic clean + razor and 2 ivy chips that are awaiting liquid metal pro. I have the 3570k already delidded, but need to use the artic clean to get a good contact with the liquid metal. it didnt take very well on the ihs withoug cleaning good, as temps on it are only about 5c better than they were, but I do have high hopes for temps.
my 3770k made the cinebench run at 5.0ghz, but throttled horribly as I had set voltage too much on accident thinking I was giving memory voltage. bad things happen when you fart around with pc's directly after drive 650miles and a very long day

delidding works good, and +1 to the liquid metal paste...you need to clean your ihs real good if you plan on using it there (I wouldn't bother using it for the top though)
Just apply a drop on the die, spread it, and apply a small drop on the underside of the ihs.
You gotta spread that too, and it'll help maintain good contact between the ihs and die.
Also crucial is to remove the black glue on the pcb.

If my next 3770k is not a really low voltage sample I'll delid it too.
I have a foolproof method now:

-Wear rubber gloves
-Use a gillette razor to create a small incision on the 4 corners of the ihs.
-After that take a laminated plastic card (bike license works good) and use that to cut through the glue all around.
Having the first incision made by the razor makes this easy (and safer for the pcb or die)
-Apply liquid ultra or pro as described on the die and underside of the ihs.
-Place the chip on the socket pins carefully and put the ihs in place.
-After doing that hold the ihs in place with your finger whilst pressing down the socket retention latch (otherwise you might bend some pins and kill you board/cpu)
-Clean the ihs with alcohol or whatever you like and apply regular tim.

delidding works good, and +1 to the liquid metal paste...you need to clean your ihs real good if you plan on using it there (I wouldn't bother using it for the top though)
Just apply a drop on the die, spread it, and apply a small drop on the underside of the ihs.
You gotta spread that too, and it'll help maintain good contact between the ihs and die.
Also crucial is to remove the black glue on the pcb.

If my next 3770k is not a really low voltage sample I'll delid it too.
I have a foolproof method now:

-Wear rubber gloves
-Use a gillette razor to create a small incision on the 4 corners of the ihs.
-After that take a laminated plastic card (bike license works good) and use that to cut through the glue all around.
Having the first incision made by the razor makes this easy (and safer for the pcb or die)
-Apply liquid ultra or pro as described on the die and underside of the ihs.
-Place the chip on the socket pins carefully and put the ihs in place.
-After doing that hold the ihs in place with your finger whilst pressing down the socket retention latch (otherwise you might bend some pins and kill you board/cpu)
-Clean the ihs with alcohol or whatever you like and apply regular tim.

when I put the liquid pro on the underside of the ihs on the 3570k it didnt want to stick. as a test I put it on anyway and tried it. I have some artic clean now and will pull apart and re-do correctly and see what its does. if results are good. I will delid the 3770k as well. and then test with the ss for cold and see waht she say

Don't do SS with liquid metal on die...it will probably kill the cpu. I've seen two chips die (courtesy of my friend FtW 420), so no go there. Just use Gelid GC Xtreme for that and don't delid it.

Since I have no CPU that is competitive for this, I challenge the other "core challenged" people to a race for the bottom.

Here we go.

Just for fun, not that my official submission has any better chance of winning.

cinebench.JPG

Ran at full speed (1.6GHz), EIST/C1E cannot be turned off on this netbook.

I think I maxed this out, should be enough for 2nd place, though I doubt it'll last long...

Intel|Luis_GT|3770K|Water|10.36

Attachments

• cine2.jpg
    cine2.jpg
    571.8 KB · Views: 39
Back