• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Marathon: March Madness 3D Mark(Firestrike)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Single/Mandrake/Radeon 5850/Air/3770

Attachments

• 3dmark3770.PNG
    3dmark3770.PNG
    229.3 KB · Views: 141
I tried taking a swing at this with my 6670 last night because it's the only thing I don't have folding pretty much 24/7 recently. Despite being paired with a FX-8350, it pretty much flipped me off about 1/3 of the way through the benchmark most times and never did finish without overheating. Oh yeah, it's passively cooled and is for my silent HTPC. :p

Going to Fry's later to see what they have on sale/open box at the moment. I am hoping for a returned Titan 50% off, but not holding my breath...

Single|Janus67|7970 Lightning (1100/1400)|Air (Accelero)|7988

3dMFS-7988.JPG

Last edited:
Going to Fry's later to see what they have on sale/open box at the moment. I am hoping for a returned Titan 50% off, but not holding my breath...
Ha good luck with that. :)

Single|Luis_GT|GTX 670|Stock|6719

Attachments

• Firestrike.jpg
    Firestrike.jpg
    440.1 KB · Views: 118

Hey, bmwbaxter, Sorry, I'm causing problems again... if you look at my second submission, the total score did not display. When pulling up the saved runs, it says an overall score can't be created on custom runs... that wasn't a custom run so I'm not sure how exactly it came to that conclusion. Eitherway, my 5095 is NOT the total and final score, so it is therefore invalid!

My best run remains 4687. Sorry for the added headache! =\ (Not that my scores count for anything more than a 1 point anyway! :p)

EDIT: Do we care about driver's not being "approved"? Somehow the default graphics drivers for the 660Ti Superclocked are not valid drivers...

Fixed! :)
Hey, bmwbaxter, Sorry, I'm causing problems again... if you look at my second submission, the total score did not display. When pulling up the saved runs, it says an overall score can't be created on custom runs... that wasn't a custom run so I'm not sure how exactly it came to that conclusion. Eitherway, my 5095 is NOT the total and final score, so it is therefore invalid!

My best run remains 4687. Sorry for the added headache! =\ (Not that my scores count for anything more than a 1 point anyway! :p)

EDIT: Do we care about driver's not being "approved"? Somehow the default graphics drivers for the 660Ti Superclocked are not valid drivers...

Not an issue, I think it is like that for everyone.

SINGLE/JICCMAN1965/MSI 7970 (1220/1720)/STOCK/8416
3770K/5.1GHZ/SS

fire8416_zps2046278f.png

Just as a note I tried CF with no luck on the bench, newest driver, even diff slots on MB. The program did not seem to use both cards for some reason.

I did a quick run but people were complaining about high end hardware stuff and I don't want to introduce another titan, especially when it's a review sample. That's partially why I've stayed out of these.

I'm in this weekend... single 7970 and then I will put up 690 for multi cards.

But yeah a Titan out of the gate does take the wind out of my sails...I cant put the 7970 under cold so unless someone else can, daddy dollars got this one wrapped up a week ago, LOL! That said, 1st or last Im participating to have fun.. "WINNING" is secondary.

Last edited:
True it's all for fun. I did try CF with no luck. It did not care that I had two cards. Will have to try again any suggestions.

Maybe I’m reading the rule change wrong but isn’t there four possible first place categories?
1.Single Nvidia
2.Multi Nvidia
3.Single AMD
4.Multi AMD

Single/Multiple cards only I thought...since CPU doesnt really matter much in FS.

EDIT:
RULE UPDATE

After discussion with the benching team leadership, the new divisions for this comp will be single GPU core systems and multi GPU core systems.

Single cards will multiple GPU cores on one PCB will be in the multicore division (GTX 690 and 7990...etc). 2-way, 3-way and 4-way SLI and CFX will all be in the same division.

New format is:
Division(single or multi)|Name|GPU|Cooling|Score

Back