• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Marathon: March Madness 3D Mark(Firestrike)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
GPUZ said it was inabled, shut off CF and turned back on.
i had to make sure it was enabled in CCC, as when i installed mine, it was for some reason automatically disabled.
Also, you checked the CF cable was in tight?

Just for fun here’s my bone stock Asus reference 7970.

Capture013.jpg

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/259782

Just for giggles, I broke out the 470 and managed to OC it farther than I've previously been capable :p

3dmark3_zps49d25b98.jpg

Was running at 5.2 3770k, MVE. These are new card one does ok to overclcok the other not so much.
Nice run jiccman! What did you do to beat my score out using almost 70Mhz less core?

Also, what was your CPU running at?

THanks!

Yeah.. that (clockspeed) isnt the difference between a 70Mhz core difference though...I should be beating that score out easily with the core clock Im running. I will try 5.2Ghz and see if that helps, but I didnt gain but 50 points in going from 4-4.9Ghz so....perhaps memory timings as I am CL11 at 1200Mhz vs you at CL9...?

No GPU tweaks done? LOD... etc?

just doesnt seem quite right though, allowing one side to disable an obvious feature that costs FPS while forcing the other side to disable phys x....

Updated!

just doesnt seem quite right though, allowing one side to disable an obvious feature that costs FPS while forcing the other side to disable phys x....

no way to prove tessellation has been disabled on most benches. I think this is the first one that throws up a flag, while PhysX is shown always via GPUz.

don't think it is done with any malicious intent, but things over there aren't usually well thought out. :shrug:

next year this comp won't be associated with HWbot rules, all in-house :thup:.

there's a bench or two that benefits from the CUDA processing unit of the newer nVidia cards to bring it more in line IIRC (not talking about Physx).

It isn't quite a fair comparison as physx is replacing work that the CPU does and turning off/down Tess is basically turning down the graphics detail.

Also, nVidia could very easily make it an option in their drivers but they haven't.

Back