• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Marathon: May Event- Aquamark!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Full pot AMD benching consumes a decent bit, obviously WP1024 eats more than spi1m does.

I think when I was running TJuan's 940BE it soaked up maybe 5-7 liters in an hour. That was mostly CPUz.

It also depends upon how you run full pot.
If you've got the extension on the F1EE and you've got the pot filled to the brim, you'll run through more ln2 than if you fill the pot, and let it empty before filling again.

I usually take 2-3 liters just to pull down, and then anywhere from 5-8 L an hour depending upon the benchmark and load.

Man, 2-3 hour bench sessions would actually be fun. I'm so used to the air thing where it's literally one run, break, another run, break... I never really get more than maybe an hour of keyboard time before the thing is heatsoaked and it's time to pack it in for the day.

Wow, even ~5 L/hour is a lot more than I would have planned on using if I was just winging it. Would have thought a gallon would be way more than enough for a few sessions. Now I know why you guys are so uptight about what your LN2 vendors charge you. :p

Is LN2 an easier route for first-time frozen benching than dry ice to get my feet wet?

when i was up there at darks place. i know i used atleast 15-20L on my fx-8350 and i never did get my clocks that high (my lack of know how) had fun though. and yes dark it was about that much or more.

id go dice 1st to see how your hardware does at -79c then play with that. then go Ln2 BUT once you go sub-zero you will never want to go back and all you will think about is your next bench. or atleast it is for me LOL

Dry is nice from the standpoint of not needing to constantly muck with the temps. It's generally cheaper, too.

Hwbot heaven. Use a background with lightning, card or natural.

I will post all the stuff later tonight. I broke a finger yesterday so I am not up to typing speed yet with 3 fingers splinted up.

@ chance
Yes basic dx9 version to allow maximum participation.

@ bossnova

Fingers got caught between a wire rope and a brass shiv(pulley). Which resulted in it almost cutting off the tip of my right hand ring finger and breaking it.

Was a bloody mess.

Thankfully the shiv was sharp so it mostly cut instead of crush. So the cut was clean and the break was clean not just a powdery bone mess.

When I was younger, I had the tip of my right ring finger crushed. It was pretty bad and the tip of that finger basically exploded. If you got a clean cut and break, then you're way better off! :thup:

Ouch. I am just glad I got to keep the finger and it didn't get cut off.

Back