• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Marathon: May Event- Aquamark!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have tried everything posted here and a few things that were not and i guess it is what it is.
I did learn a few new things and that's what it's all about.

Caddi, don' feel bad, we just got outgunned. I gave up on cracking 275k with my current gear too. On the bright side, I just used the same system config to bench some other stuff and hit 6.343 seconds in Wprime32 :shrug:

'air, which division are you going to compete in? You can only pick one of the two each month, and right now you lead BOTH of them :shock:

i participated only in amd :D that Aquamark with Intel was just for sharing a result during this event and not good for this event(background needed), so just AMD :D

and 480Lightning under LN2
Temp= -110C VGPU= 1.31V

i forgot to set background before screenshot and...kidding...this is not for this event but not bad to see :D 523K with GTX480

Very nice run, ontheair!

Great scores, everyone! Nice to see some new guys making subs. :thup:

Looks like Chance takes Intel and ontheair takes AMD (unless I missed something) Congrats to you both!

The 480 does well, but notice that he needed more cpu speed and way more clocks to beat mine and dark's 580 by a few thousand. 580 and 7970 are better for AM3.

exactly!
if i used gtx580 (core1000-mem1200)with the same system the result = around 527k

in fact, i beat that gtx580's 521k with 70mhz higher cpu clock and 500mhz higher memclock and a GTX480

so 580 obviously better than 480 for this bench

and well done everybody :D

a question: how much money do you pay for ln2 per 1L?

Man, do I ever need to get into LN2 benching. Have a ton of research before I could even know where to start though. Definitely pushing the limits of what fun I can have with ambient. :rain:

a question: how much money do you pay for ln2 per 1L?

That seems to depend on the day, how much you're buying, and what kind of mood the person you're dealing with is in. :rofl:

Seriously, prices vary a lot here in the US. I personally pay 1.20/L and buy 70L at a time. I know some guys are around .60/L buying a lot more than I do, and some are up around 2.70/L and more for smaller quantities.

Man, do I ever need to get into LN2 benching. Have a ton of research before I could even know where to start though. Definitely pushing the limits of what fun I can have with ambient. :rain:

DO IT!

Warning though, you'll never go back :D

Really, most of what you need to know is in the stickies. Lots of very helpful people here, ask questions.

It's tempting, especially since I know that there is a backstop here with plenty of other members who can answer most anything from firsthand experience. Just for reference though, say you wanted to set a new wprime32 personal best- what would ballpark session time/cost commitment be to run the bench with LN2?

Definitely know it would be addictive. I used to swear I'd never bench at any clocks that I couldn't keep 24/7 stable. Yeah, that lasted real long....

That seems to depend on the day, how much you're buying, and what kind of mood the person you're dealing with is in. :rofl:

Seriously, prices vary a lot here in the US. I personally pay 1.20/L and buy 70L at a time. I know some guys are around .60/L buying a lot more than I do, and some are up around 2.70/L and more for smaller quantities.

My location seems to be the most temperamental. :rain: but I pay $1.30 buying 21L at a time.

same condition here (about Moody dealers :D )
but here in "Iran", thanks to cheap "electricity" the price of Ln2 is cheap too
i buy 25L each time for 5 or 6$ but no delivery, i must drive half an hour to get it :D

LN2 is cheap here but hardwares are very expensive :D

It's tempting, especially since I know that there is a backstop here with plenty of other members who can answer most anything from firsthand experience. Just for reference though, say you wanted to set a new wprime32 personal best- what would ballpark session time/cost commitment be to run the bench with LN2?

Definitely know it would be addictive. I used to swear I'd never bench at any clocks that I couldn't keep 24/7 stable. Yeah, that lasted real long....

I haven't benched AMD, so Chance or someone else would have a better idea on how much LN2 you'd go through.

I personally have kind of settled down a little bit. I seem to get better scores early, so I generally only bench for 2 1/2 - 3 hours tops at a time, start to finish. Not a big deal for me, because I almost always have LN2 on hand, and can pretty much set up and run whenever I feel like it. 2D stuff on 3770K, I'm guessing around 5-6 liters an hour, cold gpu I don't think quite doubles, but it's close.

Back