• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Marathon: May Event- Aquamark!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Dear AMD benchers, i think:

*try to bench with 4 cores 2 cores to get Higher cpu clock and better temp (some 8core and 6 core chips with 2 core and 4core can pass this test @ higher clock)

*also if it possible use tighter Timings

* for some cards win7 is better and for some cards xp is better

* if your board is Crosshair v formula, try to turn on"xtreme tweaker" in bios, somtimes it helps but sometimes not

* sli and crossfire are heavy for this test

* also LOD and D3D ,lower resolution,set antialiasing off ,windows classic theme can help maybe

Found some more wind in the sails AMD/Johan45/GTX580 SLI/AIO-air/ 280958

Aqua4.JPG

:attn:

A little bump just for fun....:salute:

Intel/Keny/8800GTS 512/Stock/337307

Attachments

• aq (1680 x 1050).jpg
    aq (1680 x 1050).jpg
    496.2 KB · Views: 92
Johan, I can't help but think running a single 580 would help your score. :thup:

Tried it both ways and the SLI gets better numbers.
I realized last night that I wasn't "quite" following the rules so I changed backgrounds. I had a hard time getting this pig to do that again.

AMD/Johan45/GTX580 sli/280716

Aqua6.JPG

Can confirm for everyone that 32 and 64 bit versions of W7 run identical numbers for me.

Can also report that apparently it's not possible to break 5.5ghz on the Vishera using only air. :chair:

Can also report that apparently it's not possible to break 5.5ghz on the Vishera using only air. :chair:

Ya I'm giving up. I've had so many blue screens and bios clears it's getting old. One of these time I know my Windows will break! :cry:

RUNs For Fun

jiccman1965/INTEL 3770K (CASCADE)/Cards on air/water
This was for fun overclock a few of them nothing major.

7900GS
790gs.png

8800GTX
8800gtx.png

GTX 280
aqua280.png

ATI 3870X2
3870x2.png

GTX 480
aquamark480.png

Intel|Luis_GT|GTX 670|AIO-Stock|421961

And just cause I got the exact same score with my old GTX 470

johan45, to get the vcore above the sabertooth bios limit use ai suite.
It gets right around the bios limits and does not screw up like it does with the crosshair.

johan45, to get the vcore above the sabertooth bios limit use ai suite.
It gets right around the bios limits and does not screw up like it does with the crosshair.

Manny already helped me with that, shut off the cpu monitoring in the bios. That last run I made shows 1.608 in the SS but with the LLC under load I'm sure it was around 1.625 Worked like a charm finally got this pig to dance. Did you see my post about FX not being equal? I
t takes this bugger 1.58 at almost 4.9 to be prime stable.
It's like a car engine that isn't quite right, You wanna blow it up so you can rebuild it!:attn:

johan45, you can't call yours the "pig" that's my 8120 that Rgone had for a while.
my 8350 is just a 4.8 cpu but i'll keep it.
there's nothing wrong with vcore, it helps warm the house in winter.

johan45, you can't call yours the "pig" that's my 8120 that Rgone had for a while.
my 8350 is just a 4.8 cpu but i'll keep it.
there's nothing wrong with vcore, it helps warm the house in winter.

I don't know bout that. I swear I could smell bacon the other day/:rofl::rofl:

It's like burning 3 quarts in the quarter. Just not right!
This ones hayy at 4640 most of the time. But i've stopped being timid, I'm gonna own this chip!:comp:

I don't know bout that. I swear I could smell bacon the other day/:rofl::rofl:

It's like burning 3 quarts in the quarter. Just not right!
This ones hayy at 4640 most of the time. But i've stopped being timid, I'm gonna own this chip!:comp:

I know the feeling johan, but if you look back to the chimp challenge all the 8350 guys were running 4.7-4.8 so we are both close to the group.
between my sabertooth and my crosshair-v-f, I'd replace my crosshair first.

Ya the sabetooth is hard to beat. I know it can take it!

Dark, it would appear that Airgas got you a win this month. I went in to get a fill today. Brought my $1.30 invoice as always. There was a different guy at the desk (Rich, which Matt actually talked to be before). He went and filled the dewar right up. Then comes over, takes my card and brings me an invoice without even looking at the one I brought it. Well, needless to say, I'm sure not paying $2.65 per liter. I asked him why the price changed when I have 4 invoices with $1.30 (from that exact store). He said that it's impossible to override the price unless I have an account. So I asked when that policy went into effect... Over a year ago. To which I asked why I was able to get $1.30 on all my other fills, to which he had no real answer. I asked for my container back, and promptly left. :mad:

Back