• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Marathon SII: Crazy Cat March Madness 720p

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
this is OCF competition, not hwbot ...

not to mention I just proved there isn't a difference.

I'll get a legit run up later I suppose. :)

I had a subscription but never have run any of the custom tests, but there are no additional options on the standard tests versus unpaid AFIK.

Don't our rules say we use HWBot rules? I wasn't trying to be a wanker, just if anyone subs to the bot they may get flagged. Which I thinks is just wrong. AMD cards can disable tesselation but I can't use PhysX, it's all driver functions ,does someone over there just not like NVidia??

I just think that OCF competition should have OCF rules , not hwbot as this is not hwbot. We are participating in hwbot rankings as a team but it doesn't mean we have to use their submission rules on our forums.
It's of course easier to make it within hwbot rules as the same results can be posted on hwbot.

1st post includes screenshot with everything that is necessary ( there is physx enabled ;) ). I don't think that we are going to block any result with enabled physx especially that EarthDog already posted results with enabled and disabled physx and there are no differences in final score.

Probably only 3DMVantage is using nvidia physx but it's disabled as default in the latest version of this benchmark. All other benchmarks are using CPU physics or direct compute which is working with every card.

Hey right from Baxter's post.

General Rules:
- Must use current competition background (posted in current competition thread)
- Must follow Hwbot rules for submissions (here for reference)
- Only allowed to compete in either the AMD or Intel division any given month (can't try and win both divisions in the same month)
- Submissions made via the form in the current thread and post a screen shot of your submission in the current months thread.
Prize:

You guys don't like HWBot rules in your forum, take it up with him.

I was only trying to help make sure that the submission was eligible for posting at HWBot . That was all and nothing more.

Not here for a p!ss match of who said what. I go by what I read unless I read it wrong lol. :attn:

The point of having submissions for these follow HWBot rules is so that it encourages competition between ourselves, bettering our scores, and then they can go straight to HWBot for the team!

The point of having submissions for these follow HWBot rules is so that it encourages competition between ourselves, bettering our scores, and then they can go straight to HWBot for the team!

:thup:

Agreed.

I think I will post at Hwbot to adjust it as it doesn't seem to matter if it is enabled or not. :)

Well looking back through the whole thread only one person has not used PHYSX which is included in there score card. Even me missed that has well, it has been a eye opener, i will have to double check things from now on.

A good idea to post a edit on the HWbot from ED!

UP DATE: This is my run without PHYSX!!

Ajay57 / GTX 780 TI / SINGLE / AIR / 28506.

Snap 2014-03-14 at 17.25.51.jpg

AJ.

Last edited:
Call down shrimp... not a soul here was fired up or in a pissing match... :)

Not at all sir. Just wanted to be sure everyone understands what I was going for more so than what you guys are doing here in your forum is great, I think I like to participate and help in any way the best I can as I would anywhere else.

That said, I'm at 25K and pretty happy with the results thus far.

It also seems that the Cpu physx part of the benchmark responds slightly better to overclock than it did before, so might as well get the Cpu clocks up higher if possible too.

Was also seeing a big response to the Vram overclock as well. Definitely a place to concentrate on.

The HWbot rules were for allowing easy submission of results ran here to be submitted to the Bot for points.

Any submissions not following them will not be valid. Next season we will likely not use them, but this year we will.

Main reason being the season is almost over and unlike HWbot the rules are the rules and will not just be enforced for some and then ignored when it benefits friends or myself. (one of the main reason I don't compete is to avoid that)

That all being said this is supposed to be a friendly competition.

:grouphug:

So bmw, My question is a simple one, what about all the scores that are posted with PHYSX???? :-/

Do they stand to be counted as valid or not? :shrug:

The main reason i am here competing is the Friendly Banter and Fun between friends and Members! :grouphug:

AJ.

Last edited:
So bmw, My question is a simple one, what about all the scores that are posted with PHYSX???? :-/

Do they stand to be counted as valid or not? :shrug:

The main reason i am here competing is the Friendly Banter and Fun between friends and Members! :grouphug:

AJ.

Since it doesn't boost the outcome I will allow them to stand, since the SS has it enabled.

If PhysX boosted the scores I would rule no.

Any future submission should be run without PhysX.

Thanks for your crystal and clear answer to my question, long live the Comps on this type of thread of yours. :thup: :salute:

AJ.

Johan45/GTX770/Dual/Air/29023

cat 29023.JPG

I came across a deal I just couldn't turn down!!

Nice Johan i see a big improvement over the 580's you have, enjoy my friend.

AJ.

Back