• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Marathon SII: Crazy Cat March Madness 720p

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
MetalRacer | GTX 780 Ti | Single | Air | 32317

Capture325.jpg

I like those accessories on that car Metal!

Well it took me two days some cool weather and 600 MHZ but I finally topped my 4770k score with the FX 9370 same cooling for both.
Johan45/GTX77/Dual/Air/ 29104

cat 29104.jpg

Funny thing is I crushed the 1440p score with the same clocks. Got 12100 with the FX compared to 10100 with the K

OK got a couple more with the FX

Johan45/gtx770/single/air/ 20548

cat one 770 20548.JPG
And here's one for metal

Johan45/GTX580/single/ air/14062

1 580 14062.JPG

Mandrake4565|GTX 780|AIR|Single|25176
Wanted to get a run in with my new toy before the deadline, ran it at 4.7, my everyday settings for the Cpu.
catzilla,25176,780.PNG

That new toy looks to be working out for ya, nice run Manny
Taking the FX for a spin eh?

That new toy looks to be working out for ya, nice run Manny
Taking the FX for a spin eh?
Thanks Johan, the 4770k setup is sleeping, so it's in the everyday Fx rig. I also don't have the time or the temps today to really push the Cpu.

Nice clock on that GTX780. I think you can still set higher memory clock but I doubt it will help much in this benchmark. Even though it's elpida memory, it should make at least 1650MHz.

Nice clock on that GTX780. I think you can still set higher memory clock but I doubt it will help much in this benchmark. Even though it's elpida memory, it should make at least 1650MHz.

Thanks Woomack, I only received it Saturday so I haven't had much time to play with it. I had a couple of runs with the core higher but the score was slightly lower. I don't think it was throttling because the temps were 61c max.

Mandrake4565|GTX 780|Single|Air|25436
A lil better.
Thanks ED I thought they throttled at 70c so that's good to know.
catzilla,25436,780.PNG

Is that a higher CPU clock as well? I notice you did much better with the Physics part this time. If you can crank it up to about 5.4 it'll be about the same as running on the 4770k ha ha

Is that a higher CPU clock as well? I notice you did much better with the Physics part this time. If you can crank it up to about 5.4 it'll be about the same as running on the 4770k ha ha

Slightly higher, 15 mhz I'm testing these new sticks out to see when they can do at stock timings. So far they're good for 1966 @ 9-9-9-24. No chance I'm getting more then 5.2 on ambient cooling and I don't have time to set it up on the big water. The physics seems just to be luck during the test. At the same clock speeds on the cpu I get one run where it's in the 700's and another in the 600's. I think the OS is finally borked for all the BSOD it may be time to re-install it.

Last edited:
Physics in that bench (the bench in general) is pretty inconsistent.... don't chase unicorns is my best advice. Once you find the limits of the card, run that thing until you get a higher anomalous result. :)

Back