• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Marathon SII: October PCM 05

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bmwbaxter

Marathon SII: October PCM05

This month the Marathon Benching Competition will be continuing with some PCM 05. Please refer to the MBC rules here for any clarification on what is and isn't allowed.

Let the tweaking begin!!!!

What: PCM 05
Who: any forum member
Cpu: any CPU, no speed cap
Cooling: any cooling type
When: Ends October 31st, 12pm PST
Please use a background containing Fire!
Download PCM 05 benchmark: Here
Full Competition Rules: here

Competition Background: Must contain some kind of Fire

Please post a screen shot of your result as per HWbot rules in this thread and submit the score via the form below.

Results:

Its just annoying to get all the pieces installed >.<

I'll see what I can do

Whats the trick to make this run?

I always get the windows media encoder 9 or newer must be installed message.

Why !!!! Oh why pc mark :cry: this is going to be interesting

I was expecting something else especially that many team members dislike pcmark 05. I'm just not planning to waste couple of hours on switching drives, reinstalling system and trying various tweaks ...

Metal, are you running as administrator. sometimes that will cause an error if you dont

Great score, but you might want to check the HWBOT rules for XP start up can not exceed 220MB.
Can you use a ramdisk?

I feel sorry for the judges on this one... there is A LOT to look for to make sure the runs are legit...

EDIT: You can use a HARDWARE ram disk, not software.

Allowed optimisations :
Disable subtests
Specify disk drive for HDD subtests
Hardware ramdisk (eg: GIGABYTE i-Ram)
Audio and video codec tweaks
Powertoy (GUI for the registry)
Browser enhancement tweaks (eg: disabling/removing features, plugins, make-up)
AMD Raid Xpert and Intel RST

Disallowed tweaks/cheats:
XP Startup < 220MB/s
Software ramdisk
MFT Software
Ramcache software
Any software or human interaction altering the perceived speed of the benchmark program, tricking it to believe it ran faster
Non-default (included with benchmark) web browser
Non-default (included with benchmark) audio/video codec
Non-default sector size
Lucid Virtu MVP
Flash2desktop software

Yeah, this is a tricky, tweaky, benchmark to try to get things right. If you have an SSD or couple, that XP startup score will be a bear to get to >220MB. I remember when I had my time with this benchmark, I just couldnt get it right... it was way too low, or too high... Goldilock's syndrome.

Last edited:
Back