• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon SIII: January, Aquamark

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Scared? This is OVERCLOCKERS! LMAO

P.S. I hope that's not your daily driver. If so I wouldn't push tooo hard. Might require new O/S install. :)

Scared? This is OVERCLOCKERS! LMAO

P.S. I hope that's not your daily driver. If so I wouldn't push tooo hard. Might require new O/S install. :)

I know this is overclockers but I don't have the cash to replace any hardware lol

what do you mean by , you hope that's not my daily driver?

what do you mean by , you hope that's not my daily driver?
He means that if you push too hard or tweak too much you'll eventually Bork the OS or sometimes the Motherboard BIOS. Most of us that really push our OC's do not do it on our everyday setups or at least have a separate Hd drive/SSD with an OS on it for benching only.

Roger most the guys on the Benching Team have dedicated Benching Rigs. They run a stripped down OS with NOTHING important on the hard drive. They also have a computer for general use - which we call a daily driver. Kill the benching rig & no benching until it's fixed - kill the daily driver, well that's a bad day. :eek:

Sure you can. Just start out with an extra hard drive with a stripped install. If that drive gets corrupt, format it & start again. Your 'daily driver' HDD will be disconnected from the system.

I used to have a stack of 36GB raptors with WinXP, Vista, and Win7 (plus the Win7 daily driver HDD). Different benchmark get better scores with different OSs. The only hardware I killed benching was a PSU, but it was RMAed under warranty. It probably would have gone anyway - I wasn't close to overloading it.

oh ok I thought something else yes I got two 500 gigs I can use just for over clocking lol

Roger Roger! Load up One those extras with just the stuff needed for this particular bench. O/S, CPU-z, GPU-z, etc. Then unplug your everyday HDD/SSD so it's safe. If/When you kill the O/S just format and start all over. As long as you keep you temps in check and you volts in a somewhat sane level and you'll be good to go.

well that what I did last night took one of the 500 gigs and made it for benching , trying hard to get that 1.1 point lol

New mobo on the way for my 3570K. ASUS P8Z77-V Pro.

Hopefully there will be time for some more Aquamark.
Also, I will *actually* run Aquamark on my 270x tonight.

Blaylock / HD7850 / Air / Solo / 110087

EDIT: I'm going to re-run this on my FX build for a better run. No need to post this. I forgot this is being based on GPU which is really pointless as this bench is really more based on CPU.

110087.JPG

Last edited:
Meh....I gotta get a sub in here soon and collect my point. Don't want to fall too far behind.

Dr. McCoy / GTX560-448 / single / Air / 160368

And you guys thought the wallpaper was a laugh..... :shrug:

OCF Aquamark.jpg

Weirdly low score. It should be higher on 3770K. GTX470 is almost the same card and I was making 400k+ when I had 3770K. Mine was 5.5GHz+ but 5GHz is not that far to score 160k, it's not AMD. Check system, drivers etc as something is clearly wrong.

Weirdly low score. It should be higher on 3770K. GTX470 is almost the same card and I was making 400k+ when I had 3770K. Mine was 5.5GHz+ but 5GHz is not that far to score 160k, it's not AMD. Check system, drivers etc as something is clearly wrong.
Agreed!

ok heres a little update XRogerX/ GTX 560 TI/ AIR/ X1 / 217775
Yooo's gots to give that cpu some voltage love XrogerX :D

Back