• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon SIII: November HWBOT Prime.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It was 4.689 GHz. Cache was 3300MHz (default but manually set). When it loads up, the cache clock jumps up. I can't seem to get these boards to NOT throttle down either. I have all C states and EIST disabled. Windows power is performance as well... turbo is the only thing enabled and I need that to overclock in the first place.

Some boards on Z97 act the same way, however disabling C states/EIST/setting windows perf to max it usually holds. Perhaps I am missing something on X99, but.......

Nice run T_J, good to have you aboard :thup:

It was 4.689 GHz. Cache was 3300MHz (default but manually set). When it loads up, the cache clock jumps up. I can't seem to get these boards to NOT throttle down either. I have all C states and EIST disabled. Windows power is performance as well... turbo is the only thing enabled and I need that to overclock in the first place.

I had the same with cache clock on MSI X99S SLI with 1.1 and 1.3 BIOS. 1.2 was fixing it but some other things didn't work.
On ASUS I can set minimum and maximum turbo for CPU and cache. On MSI I can't and there is only turbo enabled or disabled. Depends from board, enabled turbo will let you set higher ratio than default for cpu ( so x33 ) or just use that min and max clock and OC will work above default ratio. So the same as in Z97, some boards need turbo enabled to OC and some not.
Sometimes it's still acting weird and I bet it's because this platform isn't mature enough so as usual users are beta testers.

Nice runs guys first post updated.
If I ever miss a post be hesitate to let me know.

You have me in there twice with the same CPU... otherwise it looks good.

Different scores though E_D. I figured it's just as easy to put them all up and not just the best. It shows improvements made throughout the month. Thanks for checking though.

If that is the case (gotta be honest, I don't see the point considering this is a ranking/competition that only your best goes up), there are a few of Manu's (where he posted like every run of his) that didn't make that cut.

I'll have to take a looksey then.
Just checked through the only ones not there didn't have the background.

You didn't forget to set priority or something silly like that did ya witchy?

Understand, but lost across the board at all clocks ?

It scales with clock, just not getting the scores I was.

Nothing has changed ? possibly wasted the OS trying to make a 7970 go the other day :(

Edit:
I do not set it to priority ?
Can try that though

Back