• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

max package temp of fx 9590?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
you would think I could remember....... but, I'm old and have deleted all my notes since retiring this rig to storage box duties and am getting ready to retire the motherboard and cpu to the junk pile so I'm benching it one last time for old times sakes..........
I have not turned off vrm temp monitoring in the bios and am getting pretty close to the default limit of 90c there and am just kissing 65c on the package.

Wasn't it 70C?

getting ready to retire the motherboard and cpu to the junk pile

And :shock:
If you just can't stand the sight of it anymore, I know a guy in Arizona who could throw it out for you...eventually. lOL

you would think I could remember....... but, I'm old and have deleted all my notes since retiring this rig to storage box duties and am getting ready to retire the motherboard and cpu to the junk pile so I'm benching it one last time for old times sakes..........
I have not turned off vrm temp monitoring in the bios and am getting pretty close to the default limit of 90c there and am just kissing 65c on the package.
Who is this imposter, the CD I know doesn't care about temps!

you may be right at 70c, I think I remember the fx8350 limit was 62c and at 65c i'm getting no throttle.
you may not want this kit, if I get it just a tiny bit unstable, cores, ram, nb or sb, it plays all hell with all 9 rigs on the kvm and totally borjks using rog connect.
I can switch to any other rig and the mouse pointer will move at light speed and even think about scrolling the mouse wheel will cause it to race up and down the page, break you neck and I have to shut them all down, kill the power to the power supplies and reboot them all, and if I don't unplug every one when I reboot they all have the same issue.

- - - Updated - - -

holy cow many, I put this insane cooling system together to make max clocks under prime 95!!!!!!!

and with one of these beasts she would have to learn real quick, this beast is not at all plug and play nor user friendly...........

65*C package 70*C on the socket ...... + - a bit of course. My FX8370 when I benched it out in the cold went a bit ..... :eek: ...... warmer on package...... I wont say exactly what out in the open though.

yea, we don't want to have someone throw our ln2 settings on one with an all in one cooler on it!!!!!!!! the djjin on all djjins would turn us all in to mules of the desert or mango steams or something........
I know posting my vcore has been banned for quite a while!!!!!!!

yea, we don't want to have someone throw our ln2 settings on one with an all in one cooler on it!!!!!!!! the djjin on all djjins would turn us all in to mules of the desert or mango steams or something........
I know posting my vcore has been banned for quite a while!!!!!!!
Only to ensure the ones who aren't in the know, turning their pretty new rigs into molten lava CD!

that's exactly what I am trying to do with this one for it's last hurrah.
what's really cool is that the bee is not saying a word about me coming home at 5 am, dragging the rads and lots of tube out the back window, opening all the windows down here and putting a fan in the window to keep the rig on the wall from making water and having tube and rads run out into the back yard, her broom is not getting ridden at all she just ignores it all!!!!!!

looking at weather, Saturday, from 5,45 am till 7,45 am is my best shot so far this year, so tomorrow night I need to have all three rigs set up and the cooling system set out and leave the windows open and the fan in the window.
get down here by 5am and get it all lit up and that's my window to make 2 hours of prime95 at 5.5 ghz.

Do we get pictures of the mushroom cloud? :clap:

my insurance company has all those pictures from the fire about a year and a half ago, and the bee still hasn't forgiven me.
speaking of that, everybody needs to go shoot a video of everything in your house, every little stinking thing, from your underwear drawer to your silverware drawer, if you can't show that you had it, your insurance will not cover it!!!!!!!!!!

I was always told 62c core/package and 72c socket, but I went several times to 70c core with zero throttling. Supposedly the 83**/9*** become unstable or have a higher chance to become unstable over 60c ?

looks like my issues are caused by a failing, cheap, pos power supply.
right at the 20 minute mark the rig winked out like you turned out a light switch.
I just can't believe a psu this young, 5 years, would give up the ghost on me.
it's a very top of the line ultra X3 800 watt and being that it was the top of the line, Tiger Direct house brand makes it just that more unbelievable.
tonight I'll install another ultra X4 1050 watt psu I have in the junk pile and hope for better results.
fire department at the ready!!!!! it was an ultra X4 that blew up and tried to burn the house down!!!!!!!

Oh .... crappolla . Sometimes it's nice having extra parts laying around.

looks like my issues are caused by a failing, cheap, pos power supply.
right at the 20 minute mark the rig winked out like you turned out a light switch.
I just can't believe a psu this young, 5 years, would give up the ghost on me.
it's a very top of the line ultra X3 800 watt and being that it was the top of the line, Tiger Direct house brand makes it just that more unbelievable.
tonight I'll install another ultra X4 1050 watt psu I have in the junk pile and hope for better results.
fire department at the ready!!!!! it was an ultra X4 that blew up and tried to burn the house down!!!!!!!
Maybe it's time to get a seasonic or super flower?

I have a season if 850 gold that powered my FX rig ...... considering all the stuff I had plugged in and oc'd to 5.8 benching. Either I hit it's limit or the thermal trip ......vim thinking thermal trip that is one solid PSU and second that Manny.

I'll also add, I did have an issue with my Seasonic X 650 gold, made 1 call to tech support and I had a new one coming to me cross shipped. They were a pleasure to deal with.

Back