• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Max Payne PS2 vs Xbox

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FudgeNuggets

I got a good deal on Max Payne 1 and 2 this weekend. I got both for $5 each, problem is part 1 is on PS2 and part 2 is on 360.

I know it's old, but I had no interest until I saw the movie, which I LOVED.

Part 1 looks like and plays like CRAP compared to part 2. Is this because the PS2 version blows compared to the Xbox version or is it because they vastly improved part 2? I'm playing them on the 360 and PS3.

If it's because the PS2 version blows, then I'll look for and try to trade it for the Xbox version.

MP1 on my PC seemed to play worse than MP2.

But its probably a combination of PS2 verison being not so great and MP1 being slow by itself.

MP2 has an awesome game engine that played really well.. and obviously it helps that its on 360.

I would just play through the PS2 version and be done with it and move on to MP2.

XBOX was the more powerful system, my cousin had it (max payne 1) on PS2 and I had it on XBOX and it was clearly superior on the XBOX, both graphics and it's a lot smoother.

A friend from work let me borrow it for the Xbox....... geez, the PS2 version was rubbish. Xbox version is great. If he wont let me keep it until I beat it then I'm going to go trade the PS2 version for the Xbox version.

I think that was my last PS2 game purchase.

I got a good deal on Max Payne 1 and 2 this weekend. I got both for $5 each, problem is part 1 is on PS2 and part 2 is on 360.

I know it's old, but I had no interest until I saw the movie, which I LOVED.

Part 1 looks like and plays like CRAP compared to part 2. Is this because the PS2 version blows compared to the Xbox version or is it because they vastly improved part 2? I'm playing them on the 360 and PS3.

If it's because the PS2 version blows, then I'll look for and try to trade it for the Xbox version.

Well the PC version of Max Payne 1 was AWESOME. (Might work on mac... can't confirm that) You can get it for like a dollar or something from go gamer.

You had no interest in max payne "until I saw the movie"?!?!

The MARK WAHLBERG movie?

Pfft... it was only the biggest game of its era. (They even had giant billboards up for part 2 in Paris.)

A friend from work let me borrow it for the Xbox....... geez, the PS2 version was rubbish. Xbox version is great. If he wont let me keep it until I beat it then I'm going to go trade the PS2 version for the Xbox version.

I think that was my last PS2 game purchase.

I wouldn't blame the PS2, Max Payne was a PC game that was ported to consoles by an entirely different developer (R* Canada did the PS2 port, think Vienna did the Xbox port, so even the two ports had different dev teams). It was definitely a game with computers in mind, looked waaay better and controls were more fluid. Remedy Entertainment are the guys that created Futuremark/3DMark, so they're very PC oriented in their dev.

I know this is posted in the console section, but unless you're just absolutely against it, you can get both games on Steam for $14.99. It's going to look and play a lot better overall.

Back