• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maximum PCIe slots, and cheap. Suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssjwizard

Has slightly less legible writing than Thideras
Ok so I am about to invest with a buddy into some GPU mining rigs. We are looking for suggestions on cheap motherboards with the maximum number of pcie slots. They dont have to be x16 slots. X4s are preferred, but X1 slots are ok also since mining doesn't take that much bandwidth.

I would like to go with Intel CPUs since they are better miners, but if I have to spend 2X on the mobo that kills the deal as Id rather just buy some cheap dual core AMDs and not mine on them.

So anyone got suggestions?

I've built several esxi boxes with the asrock 970 extreme4 mobo. x8/x8/x4/x1/x1. Open box they're around $75 and the last one I bought as OB showed up full retail.

Last edited:
Those Asrock BTC boards seem interesting, but I cant find them anywhere to purchase. Most standard boards come with 2x X16 and 3x X1 slots though so adding 1 more x1 is not exactly a deal unless they are particularly inexpensive mobos.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Back