• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

May have messed up win 7 OS need help fixing it please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MorePower!

Summary: Something with my OS got messed up. When I tried to look at "my computer" the window sat there loading for 20 minutes with the green bar sitting at 95% forever. It also wouldn't shut down correctly so I held the power button down and then entered safe mode. I did a system restore back to an automatic restore point (yesterday). Now I can't access the internet but the computer did shut down successfully in normal mode.

A little bit longer: I think my OS may have gotten messed up because I left my ipod plugged in when I put it to sleep. Something with the audio definitely got messed up though cuz when I was in safe mode it said that no audio devices found even though I had my usb headphones plugged in and audio jack speakers. Before I tried that first shut down I plugged my usb headphones back in during a youtube vid and no sound would come out of the ear pieces, only the speakers. Then I hit the off switch on the speakers. Still no sound on the headphones. I opened my computer to see if the headphones registered but it took forever to load and I ended up cancelling it.

I really need my internet on this gaming pc... any idea how to fix this??

Try uninstalling the NIC card from device manager then reboot. W7 should re-detect it and install it.

Or try this first...

Then if you havent done this yet... defrag your drive if its not an SSD

Thank you I will try out your ideas and report back here. It will be tomorrow though as I'm going to be busy today.

When I was troubleshooting this problem on my old computer and posting here I forgot that I moved the ethernet cable off my new pc and put it on my old one and so thats why I couldn't connect to the net. WHen I plugged it back in the net works fine :)

Back