• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Compatibility

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kmo_9000

So I know this is a noobish question but I am in the process of upgrading my dad's computer for him. He will be getting a new PSU, motherboard and CPU. I also want to give him my F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL kit that I have spare.

The problem is that I bought the kit for my SB-E machine, and it doesn't have any memory comparability information on AMD platforms. Specifically, I was considering getting him a Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 along with an 8350.

If I went with Z77 then I know the memory would work no problem since it's certified, but the 8350 is looking like a nice alternative to the 3570k I was going to buy previously.

Am I worrying over nothing or are chances something goes wrong pretty low?

Worrying over nothing.. chances are very slim it wont work. a QVL list just means they are tested. If a set of sticks are not on the list it does NOT mean they will not work. ;)

Back