• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory For a San Diego/DFI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Reefa_Madness said:
I was unsure from your post whether or not you were so I was trying to get a clarification.

What do you mean by the LEs are better, speed wise? I believe that it depends on your "sweet spot" as to which will produce the better results. If you are wanting to run much over 300 then the LAs are probably a better bet as the LEs may not get as far. If you are wanting to run 275-280, then the LEs will run that at better timings. Of course, if you believe all of the Mushkin Reds press, they will run 275 at 2-2-2 timings, which of course is much better than any TCCD.

Kinda funny if you think about it. Winbond BH5 (the King) is replaced on top by new Samsung TCCD (all hail the new King), which is subsequently dethroned by no other than new Winbond BH/CH (the latest King). The new boss...same as the old boss.

Well there may be some oddball factors that let the lower rated chips run at higher speeds. But thats kind of far fetched don't you think? I mean does any evidence support this? LA's and LE's are both the same chip. LA's are the chips that either cannot run the 3-3 timings, or are used to fill a marketing demand. Logic would say a the better performing chips (LE's) will also perform better at the looser timings also. I don't believe the little transistors in the chips are so dynamic that they would regress in this way because when it comes down to it, the purity and structure integrity is what impacts the perfomance. I don't think 4-4 timings favor dirty silicon.

rickyman said:
why dont you get the ram from OCZ espeically for DFI? pc5000 ram from OCZ?
i had been thinking about but i want to see others results with it first

Rumrunner said:
I personally like tccd better because it uses relatively low voltage, runs cooler, and can hit high frequencies. I think utt is cool, but just not as practical and efficient as tccd. Don't let the voltage options on your mobo make the descision for you either, there are many other reasons to have a dfi.

EDIT: I personally like tccd better than utt :p
thats about the same opinion i have of UTT...
i have heard people have cold boot problems too with UTT, and since i want this to be stable/reliable and be 24/7 and last a long time, putting high voltage isnt really good as in 3.5+ and for most UTT you need active cooling which is something most people dont think about. tccd is more for practical use and UTT seems more for the avid bencher since there will be no noticable change in gaming.

Back