• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory for E8400 and Abit ip35 pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Recursion

So I have decided on the Intel E8400 as well as the Abit Ip35 for its motherboard. and a 8800GT for the graphics card.

Now all I need is memory, I want to try and bring this thing to 4ghz so I think I will need pc8500 or close to it. I have sen a few lists that have all the supported memory for my motherboard, but there are also alot of inconsistencies.

I want 4GB in a array of (2x 2gb). so 2 sticks for a total of 4GB. I have seen that the G.skill is what everybody is buying and thats fine, but have some trouble buying memory from a company I have never heard of before. So Il stick to OCZ, Mushkin, Corsair and Crucial.

I know I need or should get DDR2-1066(pc-8500), but from me looking many companies just make pc8000, such as mushkin and OCZ.

So to get the max overclock what memory kit will work with my setup and also what are the fastest chips being used now(micron, promos, etc...)

Thanks all.

Go with G.Skill and forget your hesitation about buying a memory you haven't heard of. G.Skill has been around for years and all of their memory is superb., if you haven't heard about them by now, you've been out of the loop for many years now. There is a reason why everyone is buying the G.Skill modules...THEY WORK!

I have an IP35 Pro, E8400, and 2x2GB G.Skill and it runs beautifully at 4.2GHz at 8x526MHz, memory at 1052MHz at 2.0v. You really can't ask for much better than that without going extreme.

I have this exact setup with G.Skill and it is running like a champ. Don't be afraid of the "Great Skill in Memory"

Back