• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Subj3ctZer0

Registered
I’m upgrading to a 3600 and a B550-F board. I originally bought 16gb of 3000 but the more I read, I’m getting the feeling I should use 3600. Is it a big deal to use the 3000 or should I return it for something like the 3600? What would the difference be?

Depends on the game/function, but it could be nothing to a few %. If it's easy, I'd swap for a 3600 CL14/16 kit.

Memory for New Build

I posted this in general but I should of posted here
Upgraded to a 3600 and a B550-F board. Originally bought 3000 CL 15 memory. That going to be an issue? Should I swap to the 3600?

I'm not an AMD user and I know the newer setups can be picky but as long as it works and is stable you should be ok. Personally I would upgrade to at least 3600 for the performance.

I'd use the 3600, absolutely.

Merged the duplicate threads. One thread per subject! If you need something moved, report the thread instead of creating a dupe,, and we can move it. ;)

I have read some Ryzen CPUs are not happy with odd CL, such as your 15. It might be fine, might not be fully stable.

IMO opinion, return your ddr4-3000 kit & get ddr4-3600 with CL14 $$$, CL16 $$, or CL 18 $. I have the G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 16-19-19 kit & it has been great for me so far. There is also a G.Skill Ripjaw version 3600 16-19-19 without RGB for less money.

Thank you for merging the posts. Apologies for making extra work.

I think it’s pretty cut and dry as far as what to do. It will put the build back another week but no sense in cutting corners.

Thanks for all the input and help

Back