• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory runs at 333 but can 400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

djuka88

I have laptop with ddr2 memory.

Inside is Intel Core2Duo T7300 with 800MHz(bus speed 200MHz) FSB and two memory modules (2GB and 1GB). Both memory can run at 400MHz.

With HWinfo i saw that memory runs at 333MHz (1.67 x 200). Why?
Whay my FSB : DRAM ratio is 3:5 (1.67)?

In BIOS i cannot change memory speed...

I have laptop with ddr2 memory.

Inside is Intel Core2Duo T7300 with 800MHz(bus speed 200MHz) FSB and two memory modules (2GB and 1GB). Both memory can run at 400MHz.

With HWinfo i saw that memory runs at 333MHz (1.67 x 200). Why?
Whay my FSB : DRAM ratio is 3:5 (1.67)?

In BIOS i cannot change memory speed...

333mhz is actually a stock rated speed for DDR2 and 400mhz would be an XMP profile or overclocking profile which your motherboard does not support unfortunately.

Typically you don't run mixed matched ram either. What is 2GB and 1GB modules? Are they the same brand at least? Any how, my point is to remove the stick you added and see if the system runs 400mhz by itself (which I doubt will do) that would be the only thing I can see other wise.

GLHF!

Specification says that ddr2 can run 400MHz.
http://www.toshiba.eu/discontinued-products/satellite-l350-16l/

Like i said processor is T7300 with 800MHz FSB.

I tried only one module and it's still 333. Modules are the same, same manufacturer, same speeds (5-5-5-15). This one i dont get it. CPUID reads 5-5-5-15 for memory timings but on memory write 6-6-6-12. (PC2-6400 6-6-6-12) Why is that?

What chipset? Mine (GL960) supports 800 FSB CPUs but it doesn't support DDR2-800 memory, only DDR2-667.

Edit: On a side a note, my chipset also 'offically' has a 2GB RAM limit. But, as you can see, I'm running 3GB in my notebook.

RAM.jpg

Last edited:
Now i saw in CPU-Z that chipset is GL40.

Last edited:
The os and bios could be to blam for this also the partition of the harddrive/ssd
The os will use so much ram consistently and the os will only recognize up to a certain amount of ram. This by no means say you cant put over the limit in it will speed up the system but you wont be useing the whole module.

The bios uses a smidge of ram depending on the details of it, and the partition of the drive can slow down the ram becuase it can get in the way.

For example I have a desktop thats running on vista, vista take 1gb of ram to run, my bios takes 0.4gb ram to run, my os will only recognize 16gb of ram but i have 24gb in the system, the other portion i use to house my drive partitions due to the fact i have two hot-swaps. The closer the partition is to the "fetcher" of the ram the less drag it puts on the module.

I just noticed something odd. CPUz says the T7300 runs 2.0GHz (which is correct), has a multiplier range from 6 to 10 (which is correct), BUT it is running an 11 multi. So it is running 2.2 instead of 2.0GHz.

Back