• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory timimg guide?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I AGREE WITH JOHAN...tell me that is not so.
Oh it's so! Remember I RMA'ed my 1866 sticks? Well I received a new set and same issue. When memory is set at 1866 whether the Cpu is running stock or overclocked I get random BSOD's. When running Memtest after the 3rd pass I get errors. I even tried running the benching sticks that I bought from Bobnova 2133's 7-10-7 timings @ 1866 with the timings relaxed to 9-10-9 and random BSOD's. I've raised voltages, raised and lowered NB Freq and HT Link etc.... and I get :bang head. I can run up to just under 2k benching but anything over I'm lucky if it will boot never mind run the bench. It sucks because the Cpu will clock to no tomorrow but I can't get the memory speed up. Though these tight timing sticks have helped a lot. So I'm working on running them under 2k and trying to see if I can tighten them up a bit more. That is when I get a chance to do any work on the Pc. Is baseball season over yet? :D

Here's a couple of shots Manny. Just so you know you're not missing much with the lower frequencies.

@1792

1792 mem.JPG

@ 2510 the overall memory score was a touch better but made little difference in the firestrike.

2510 mem.JPG

That's mild compared to some of the ones I get!!

Back