• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory usage just creeps creeping up to 99%

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Way too much crap runs at boot. I won't even get into exactly what but specifically less at start is more resources at boot. Disable absolutely everything that does not need to be running 24/7. Put to manual if service and any updaters/network hogs should be deleted entirely. As long as you can start and run the aps you want is the config you need. Allowing anything and everything to run whatever course it likes is a not good practice at all.

For anyone playing games and wanting to optimize CPU performance (regardless of brand, type, size, etc), I highly recommend trying the free optimization software I've listed here:
Join for free at the link above (this is 100% free, no cost ever) - Simply click the Join Free button in the top-menu to access it right away.

Then go to 100% free. This is freeware and can be used forever 100% free. There is a Workstation and a Server version, both available to download.

My webpage above also shows you how to set it for automatic updates (again this is free to do). It works like nothing else I've ever tried and tested. The audiophile industry are giving some very positive feedback also.

Let me know how it works for you?
Not a snowballs chance in hell. :p

Last edited:
For anyone playing games and wanting to optimize CPU performance (regardless of brand, type, size, etc), I highly recommend trying the free optimization software I've listed here:

Join for free at the link above (this is 100% free, no cost ever) - Simply click the Join Free button in the top-menu to access it right away.

Then go to this page to download the optimization software 100% free. This is freeware and can be used forever 100% free. There is a Workstation and a Server version, both available to download.

My webpage above also shows you how to set it for automatic updates (again this is free to do). It works like nothing else I've ever tried and tested. The audiophile industry are giving some very positive feedback also.

Links removed from my quote on purpose. Not a chance of me using this, screams of virus/adware/malware to me, and I would suggest others not to use it either.
It's plenty easy to optimize an operating system without software that you have to give admin access to.

Thanks guys you bring up a good point...

The software does NOT have any "virus/adware/malware" please tell me why it "screams of" those?

It's 100% clean and digital signed. It's a unique process optimization technology safely and effectively improves PC responsiveness!

I have personally been using the software for several years and have recommended it to many others, and never had any negative feedback as of yet.

I wouldn't recommend it if it was not safe and effective. That is the point of my membership, to help others NOT get scammed or load their system up with all the junk that's out there (and there's a bunch of it, as many of us already know).

Sweet, this is exactly what I've been looking for! :thup: Would you like my CC#? :rofl:

Then go to this page to download the optimization software 100% free. This is freeware and can be used forever 100% free. There is a Workstation and a Server version, both available to download.

And I missed this??? You guys have all the fun. :rofl: The "audiophile industry". Of course. Because right after I plunk down several thousand dollars for a decent music server I'm going to load something like that on it. Riiiiiight. And put it in my beach house in Yuma.

I just built my PC the other day and loaded Windows 10 Pro. I've been running into high usage of RAM and the majority of it is coming from "System and Compressed Memory". It just keeps using more and more memory the longer my computer is turned on (turned my computer on and was at 17% RAM usage, played some BF4, and then I closed out of BF4 and started downloading map packs, and my usage just keeps getting higher and higher at 63% as I type.)

I had the same problem then my memory stick died. It is from damaged memory sticks. Get new memory and your problem is solved.

Back