• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Merging w/ Others to Beat #1 and #2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nahmus said:
I wouldn't call it favoratism. He wrote the progam from scratch so i guess he can pretty much do what he wants with it. Its not out for general distribution, I'm not sure if any outside of this forum use it. There are a few other good ones out there [H] has a nice one. from what i've seen most of the install authors use their name as a default. Also line 3 in the install guide
( 3. Edit the client.cfg with notepad and change "Wedo" to your folding username. )
is pretty clear.
Lets not kid ourselves, most don't even care to look at that.

I.M.O.G. said:
This makes me think of the kid in gym class who would switch teams half way through the game so he could be on the winning team.

What fun is winning if you don't struggle with your team in order to win? Not fun.

Is bringing another team into our team actually winning? No.

I'd rather lose.

The idea of teams and competition is to entertain and encourage people to participate... What being #1 means is that your team has gotten the most people or the most productive people to join the cause.

If we would bring in another team, the project would not be helped and our points wouldn't be meaningful.

I'm with ya on this one. I think I would abort Folding for this team and start my own or something.

SilverJag said:
Lets not kid ourselves, most don't even care to look at that.

Then who's fault is that? I can guarentee you if someone is interested in folding, they read up on it, at least alittle, and figure out that they need to change the username. If they don't they either don't care about the stats and just want to fold, or don't read the guide, and post a few days later asking why they're not getting any points, although I've NEVER seen such a post, so I don't think it's a wide-spread problem.

Wedo worked hard on it, and it's not a big deal. As was said before, [H] and the aussies both have their own install programs too - and their creators have their name in the client config too.

Having said all that, it is your opinion, and everyone has one - I respect that. We've gotten a bit off topic with this thread, so let's steer it back in the right direction.

Find me a team that would want to join and who wouldn't be offended by us asking or flame us, and I'll give you a cookie ;)

Yes, Wedo did work hard on it. Now I do not remember specifically since this was a long time ago; did he or did he not say that you'll be folding for Wedo if you install the program from his link? I don't believe he did. It would have been better for the public and Team 32 as a WHOLE if he would have announced it. After all, most of us are here to fold for TEAM 32, NOT Wedo.

I agree, the thread is getting off track, and we all know this will lead to more conflict and debates if it continues. I think we should end this topic about Wedo here.

IMO, no team would probably want to join another. Theoretically, it would be a brilliant idea, but it might never happen. :mad:

... if they are so sure they are here to fold for 32 and not wedo they ought to read the directions. as was stated before when the name "one click" was used, people never bothered changing it, so what is wrong with just leaving it at wedo.... at least he gets some benefit for writing it.... i don't see what the big deal is...

edit: thats almost like saying that because someone didn't read the disclaimer on something they signed they shouldn't be bound to the document or something :rolleyes:

Not to sound like arsehat,but I probably will anyways, I would say SilverJag was folding awhile for WEDO cause he didn't read and is now upset about it and blames WEDO. never ran into anybody before that even had a remote problem with what WEDO does.

WEDO you out there? I thank you ever so much for this. if I had to manually install FAH on all these borgs..well they wouldn't be borged. You are to be commended for what you have done!

Can I ask a favor WEDO? I would like to have new installer that pops up a window asking me which FAH client I would like to use. for example

FAH v4 with all of its variations from GAH to -advmethods
FAH 5.02 from the basics all the way thru Dual cores and BP -ADVmethods

this would make it just a tad simpler to borg...right now I have to have 5 different folders with different configs so I can install on different borgs...would be great to have like an auto run feature on my new pendrive..pop it in and the FAH installer pops up asking which version to install..click the proper box and hit next.

That to much to ask for? Thanks WEDO for all you have done so far for Team 32 and Folder FizzeldFiend!

Last edited:
SilverJag said:
All i'm saying is that he used that "flaw, if I may" to his advantage.

Would that be the flaw of people not being able to read simple instructions? Fact is if you know enough to care who gets the credit then you know enough to not believe in the magic faerie that enters in your own name, and that you need to go enter it in yourself. If you don't know enough about folding to even understand the concept of who gets credit for your points, then who cares. You are not missing em in that case!

FizzledFiend said:
Not to sound like arsehat,but I probably will anyways, I would say SilverJag was folding awhile for WEDO cause he didn't read and is now upset about it and blames WEDO. never ran into anybody before that even had a remote problem with what WEDO does.

WEDO you out there? I thank you ever so much for this. if I had to manually install FAH on all these borgs..well they wouldn't be borged. You are to be commended for what you have done!

Can I ask a favor WEDO? I would like to have new installer that pops up a window asking me which FAH client I would like to use. for example

FAH v4 with all of its variations from GAH to -advmethods
FAH 5.02 from the basics all the way thru Dual cores and BP -ADVmethods

this would make it just a tad simpler to borg...right now I have to have 5 different folders with different configs so I can install on different borgs...would be great to have like an auto run feature on my new pendrive..pop it in and the FAH installer pops up asking which version to install..click the proper box and hit next.

That to much to ask for? Thanks WEDO for all you have done so far for Team 32 and Folder FizzeldFiend!
No im not upset at all, I didn't fold then and I don't fold now.
EDIT: Yeah guys, most of you might think that I experienced this and now I'm telling everyone about it. No, I never did fold. I'm merely just taking the sides of the people that didn't read. All I'm saying is that Wedo should have told everyone.

Well I know a couple of months ago Overclocking.com merged with EOC to try to overtake Team MAC OS X. Basically EOC recurited Overclocking.com (which DID NOT have an official Team) to fold under EOC. It's just a political thing...many Teams are out for themselves, especially the big point producers! SO, you'd be basically looking at smaller Teams to join our team either as a merge or as a subteam............

Basically since school is now starting again is to proactive go for borgs and more borgs and to have a proactive FAH promotion.

Paps

haha, yea i just passed it the other day

the directions are clear... if you don't read it, its your problem... its like telling intel to take responsibility for you putting in a cpu wrong.

SilverJag said:
All I'm saying is that Wedo should have told everyone.

The fact is Wedo has and does tell everyone that the one-click is set to his name as the user. He mentions this quite plainly in the how-to and also in the install instructions. So as far as I'm concerned your opinion has no merit. Wedo has spent countless hrs working on who knows how many vers. of one click and has every right to insert his name as the default user.

Now about the topic of this thread. If anyone can get another team to switch to team 32 I think thats great. Its not very likely but it could happen. Bringing members from another team is recruiting plain and simple. Yes ppl on other teams are already folding so the cause will not gain benefit, but team 32 would! Team 32's two main goals IMO are:

1 To fold for the project and help the cause
2 Be the #1 folding team

Recruiting other teams to team 32 meets both goals IMO. But like I said recruiting other teams would be a tough task and is unlikely to happen. Most ppl joined a team because of loyalty to thier chosen interests/forum where ever it may have formed. Just like the members here that joined because we have a belief that OCforums is the best forum for information about our interests (Ocing and hardware.) Other folks fold for thier team because of the same beliefs. Wether it be the [H] or the knitting forum. I mean why would you spend your time at looking at Tomshardware and fold for team 32?

SilverJag said:
All I'm saying is that Wedo should have told everyone.

Go fly a kite! He did. Find something to do besides whine... Or contribute something, there's a novel idea. What have you done lately that has helped so many people at this forum? And your knocking wedo after he did all the work in grinding out one-click after one-click.

Some people may have more patience for ignorance, however I will call you on it - are you dumb, no, are you ignoreing the plain facts in front of you, yes. Wedo cannot make personal phone calls to everyone who downloads the one-click. If they choose not to read, there is nothing anyone can do to inform them.

Silly.

I.M.O.G. said:
Go fly a kite! He did. Find something to do besides whine... Or contribute something, there's a novel idea. What have you done lately that has helped so many people at this forum? And your knocking wedo after he did all the work in grinding out one-click after one-click.

Some people may have more patience for ignorance, however I will call you on it - are you dumb, no, are you ignoreing the plain facts in front of you, yes. Wedo cannot make personal phone calls to everyone who downloads the one-click. If they choose not to read, there is nothing anyone can do to inform them.

Silly.

i was afraid to say that... but now that you did, i agree :eek:

anyways your justification for "defending" the people who aren't here makes no sense... i mean they aren't even complaining about it... and you are doing it for them???

stan03 said:
i was afraid to say that... but now that you did, i agree :eek:

anyways your justification for "defending" the people who aren't here makes no sense... i mean they aren't even complaining about it... and you are doing it for them???

You're not the only one that agrees, I agree too. Sorry to Wedo and to all that were offended. :cry:

This thread is more or less useless now so would a mod please put it out of it's misery and let it sink into deserverd obscurity from whence it can never be bumped.

Ehhh, nothing but love here... Just putting a proper end to that line of thinking. There's no need for mods to shut down discussions which are under control and haven't broke any rules. Talked with Jag and he understands there wasn't anything personal there. Nothing wrong with this thread now really... Except for the fact that giving any other team the privilege of being part of 32 would be silly - lets stomp 'em all. :D :beer: A few more people go big like aznwhiteboi lately and we'll be in shape in no time. :D

ALl hail wedo he is the reason im folding on so many machiens!!
Also i dont like the idea of merging, it wont work becuase no team really wants to merge and loose all the work they have done, and plus i would rather beat them with our own power. It will make victory taste all that much sweeter.

Back