• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Messed up?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jorockstar84

Hi, I just installed a H100i on my 3770K and I did a newbie mistake. I applied aftermarket thermal paste and didn't realized there was some already pre-applied. My Idle temps are around 30 C and with Prime95 it went up to 60 C.

What should I do? I think the computer is fine for now, since it's basically never at 100% load, the highest it gets is when I compress something.

Hi, I just installed a H100i on my 3770K and I did a newbie mistake. I applied aftermarket thermal paste and didn't realized there was some already pre-applied. My Idle temps are around 30 C and with Prime95 it went up to 60 C.

What should I do? I think the computer is fine for now, since it's basically never at 100% load, the highest it gets is when I compress something.

I would clean it up and reapply the TIM. Chances are you got too much TIM under there.

What kind of 3rd party TIM are you using btw?

As for the temps go, they seem fine.

As Jack stated: Wipe it all off clean on both the bottom of the block/cold plate and cpu. Then apply a pea sized dab on the center of the chip only, then mount the block back on the chip. Use a criss-cross pattern while tightening the thumbscrews.

Back