• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Micro stuttering ever since Ryzen 1600 upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

So I came from a 7 year old i5-2500k /w 8GB RAM.
I upgraded to Ryzen 1600 /w 16GB RAM and a Corsair RM550X PSU

Carried over my Samsung 500GB SSD and MSI RX 480 8GB.

Ever since I have experienced mouse stuttering. If I run my mouse L/R really quick, I can see it basically stutter every second or so.
I'm not sure if I have a faulty component or what? I've tried a "Windows Refresh", but not the full reformat. Is that something I should try? Is there any other tests I can run to see why its doing this?
I don't see any CPU or RAM usage spikes. I get decent FPS, but I still notice its stuttering every second or so, not terribly, but enough to really ruin FPS games because it causes my aim to completely stop when turning quickly.

I think you'd be wise to do a from scratch reinstall of Widows including wiping partitions. We all know that carrying over an OS installation from another build can cause problems and I would think this is especially true when you are changing hardware platforms. You might as well eliminate this as the problem and you might even find it is the problem.

If you haven't already try setting a static SOC voltage 1.0v to 1.05v is usually plenty

Saw something similar and it was related to graphics switching. I realize you're on a desktop but try looking at the driver properties and disable the iGPU

I think I figured it out guys.
I reinstall windows fresh, and did the "mouse" test before and after each application was installed.

It started doing it again IMMEDIATELY after installing "Corsair Link". I uninstalled and it stopped. There must be something broken with it on my particular hardware.
Its the software that goes with my h100i cooler to change the LED colors etc.

You're not the only one with issues with Corsair's software for the AIO's. I would just use the software to change LED to desired color, then uninstall it. I'm sure the color you set it to will stay even without the crap software. Zotac has the FireStorm proggy for overclocking the video card I have along with adjusting the RGB lighting. I use MSI Afterburner for overclocking and OSD, but wanted to change the RGB color on my card. I set the desired color (Blue) to my card and uninstalled FireStorm. The color stayed with no issue and has not reverted back to puke yellow, lol, which is default.

Try and see if you get the same result and ditch Corsiar's crap proggy.

Yes, I remember someone else having that same issue when Corsair Link was installed.

I solved my Corsair link issues by not letting it start at boot, and closing the program after using it (default is it minimizes on closing) If it wasn't running it didn't cause me any more issues.

WOW what a difference now! I saw absolutely no change in FPS in CS:GO, now its uninstalled, my frame rate's have increased by 50-100fps depending on the map. Now I can finally see the upgrade working! Before I jumped in, saw NO change in FPS from my i5-2500k and was frankly a little pissed off, because jumping 7 years into the future, with more cores did nothing. Now its finally showing me some power!

Well...problem short lived. The problem is back and the mouse is stuttering again when I move it really fast.

Here is a video in-game. Towards the end of the video when I begin showing 180deg turns you can see it most obvious.

EDIT: Nevermind, unbelievable...figured it out. Searched like crazy and found out that there is a mousepad calibration option in the logitech software. Now that I have done it, the problem seems to have disappeared!

Last edited:
I think it’s best we wait a week or so before closing this thread just in case another issue pops up ;)

Do you think it was worth it? lol that plateform at all? lol...I don't know low clocks, not much headroom....and lets just continue a Revision on to add more cripple cores or something, that's what it looks like man lol, better on paper though what's been shown but idk man alottttttttt bench and testing fudging man in the past lol

Back