• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Micron D9 PC6400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Why did you get the 8000 or 8500? It seems from my reading here that 6400 will OC to 8000 or 8500 speeds. Do they have more headroom, or tighter timings? If so, how much better?

The 8000 where only $115 amir. I'm hoping that they will O/C a little bit better than the 6400s. They may or may not it's all luck of the draw.

The 6400s at newegg are a steal right now. I thought long and hard about those or the 8500s. I figured that the 8500s would "work" better with the 8000s than the 6400s. Again, They may or may not.

jason4207 said:
OK...was worried I jumped too fast on the 6400 Ballistix deal. Feelin' good about it now!

These are the right one's to get, right?

You are very lucky...I tried to click on the link and the egg says there "deactivated". I assume those where the ones with a nice rebate? IIRC the price was something like $70 after rebate.

Ooops can't click on links from webmail. Now the link works. Those are the ones.

Brolloks said:
Vendors such as Tigerdirect do not list the rev #, I presume one would then have to buy the RAM, open it up and look at the label to see the revision??
corsair doesnt use d9 in their 6400s at all anymore,just promos and elpida i believe.only in the 8000+ will you find d9gmh.
edit:sorry they do use it in their cas3 6400s.

I was also looking at these on eBay. $65 isn't bad for a used set considering you don't have to wait on the MIR. I went with a new set b/c someone always beats me at the last second on eBay, and wanted to be sure to get the deal even if I have to wait on the MIR.

You did the right thing. Who know what you're going to get when you go through E-bay.

Make sure you post pics when you get evrything together. (I really wish there was a memory database and a cpu data base).

to everyone getting the crucial ballistix ddr2 800 for $69.99 AR from newegg, if you get D9GMH chips, they should do 3-3-3-8 ddr2 800 or 4-4-4-10/12 ddr2 1000 easily. with enough extra voltage, they might be able to reach 5-5-5-15 ddr2 1200

Brolloks said:
Vendors such as Tigerdirect do not list the rev #, I presume one would then have to buy the RAM, open it up and look at the label to see the revision??

That is most correct...chances are against an etailer having the earlier revs though; that would be some old stock ;)

to everyone getting the crucial ballistix ddr2 800 for $69.99 AR from newegg, if you get D9GMH chips, they should do 3-3-3-8 ddr2 800 or 4-4-4-10/12 ddr2 1000 easily. with enough extra voltage, they might be able to reach 5-5-5-15 ddr2 1200

Awesome! I can't wait to start tweakin'!

Back