• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

might have found secret to OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Karbon

through tons and tons of careful research and field studies, i have developed a way to air cool your cpu very efficiently. i call it the leave-windows-open-so-your-room-gets-f***ing-cold-plan

wut you do, is leave all your windows open all day so it gets to like 30 degrees F in your room, then you'll be nice and cool =D

its so frickin cold in my room right now, but oh well! my cpu is nice and cool

p4 2.6 ---> 3.6 277 x 13
idle - 33 C (taken with comp nerse) load (prime95) - 41C
case @ 19C

stock cooling, w/c soon

eh... found secret to oc?
this sounds rediculous to me man... :/
why dont you just throw the computer in a fridge? that's another "secret" ?

I think the losses in the user-experience from sitting in a 0 C room would easily offset any meager gains from overclocking.

heh would be nice to save on electricity but the average temp where i live is 80F with high humidity...air con will have to do

HAHAHA u guys ownz..., i love this dude with his "secrets" its really an good idea moving outside man, why be inside? its chilly outside for O/C man!
why buy cooling? just put it outside

A couple years ago, some guy in Ohio posted about setting up a computer outside on a picnic table in the middle of winter when it was sub-zero temps out. He even had a pic. It was funny, there was snow drifts in the background and everything.

hehehe...

I've actually tried this myself... but normally I leave the room.

afterwards, I just left the PC outside the window, with keyboard, mouse and monitor still inside.

that way I stayed nice and warm, and the noise and cold stayed outside.

NookieN said:
I think the losses in the user-experience from sitting in a 0 C room would easily offset any meager gains from overclocking.
i agree. u dont need a computer running 3.6ghz when the user can only use 1 finger to opterate the keyboard. have a phone near by cuase you may have to call rescue 911 when you get hyperthermia.

A couple of years ago I actually benchmarked an early P4 system outside when it was in the teens. Thinking back I should have simply installed vnc and run an ether cable to it LOL. Of course there weren't any windows OC proggys so I had to sit outside to adjust the bios. We laugh at this and yet some of us have actually done it. Did I mention I put the same machine in a chest freezer :D

You could also put your computer in a big trash bag and dump it in a cooler of ice water.

if you are gonna take that much risk, and have access to that much ice water, you might as well run the ice water through a watercooling setup.

hehe well actually i only did this for a few hours when i was really bored and seeing how high i could get my 2.6

based on diong this, i know watercooling would be very useful for me, so i could always keep temps this low

Have you considered reting out the freezer foom at your local grocery store??? Might be a little chaper than moving to the arctic ;)

Back