• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mini-itx case for travel, etc... hard to decide!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torgian

Registered
Hey everyone.

So I'm having a little trouble deciding on what kind of case and motherboard I should think of building.

First some requirements:

I do a fair bit of traveling. So I would like something small, but strong as well. I was thinking a full aluminum chassis, to keep it lightweight. I don't want plastic side panels since I don't want it to bend during transportation.

I'm also considering something that I can put into my luggage, or even into a backpack so it can be a 'carry-on', if it's small enough.

That said, what kind of cases can you recommend?

I am currently living in Taiwan, so my choices can be a little limited sometimes, but I do have easy access to Silverstone, Lian-Li, In-Win, Jonsbo, and Fractal-Design. I believe the Jonsbo cases are re-branded in the US and Europe.

I would like a case that I can use a closed water-cooling system in, like the Corsair H-60 (or something similar) just to keep things cool. I don't overclock my systems, but I know that mini-itx cases are small and don't have as much space to move air around in as, say, an m-atx case.

I also want something that can hold an Nvidia 970 card (such as Asus's Turbo model)

That said, I'm not against going for an m-atx case either, if there's something out there that's easy to carry around.

Please give me your suggestions. Thanks :)

How about the Lian-Li PC-TU100?

Cool case! I like it. But, can it handle a full sized GPU? Or would i have to get a smaller one?

The one I'm looking at is the Asus Turbo 970 OC 4GD5. I'm not sure if that one in particular can handle a full-sized GPU.

It will fit a GPU up to 193mm in length.
There are a few 970's that fit this criteria.

Back