• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobile Barton 2500+ Not Detected?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

russ_da_bus

I put my Mobile Barton 2500+ in my NF7-S v2.0 mobo and in the bios Soft Menu it says 'Unknown CPU'. So i had to set the CPU to 'User Define' and manually set the FSB to 133 and the multi to 14 and the vcore to 1.45v. Is this how it should be? I have the official Abit D27 bios. I intend to overclock so i am not that bothered because i will be setting everything manually anyway but i was just curious about why it doesnt detect the CPU as a mobile barton 2500+. :shrug:

FYI in CPU-Z it picks it up as a Mobile Barton 2500+.

no your fine, normally if you have the latest bios they recognize it, so I find this odd, but that's fine. That's what I had to do with my DFI Board and my xp-m 2600

None of the Stock Abit BIOS will correctly recognize the Mobile chips. Once you flash to a Merlin or TicTac BIOS It will be identifyed correctly.

Correct CPU name recognition is not important in overclocking. These cpu are for laptop so they're not included in the Desktop BIOS. It's normal.

Overclock with your current Abit bios first before flash to the modded bios. Keep data at all time. :)

Also something Important to keep in mind, NEVER FLASH WHILE OVERCLOCKED!
Once you are ready to try the Merlin BIOS make sure you even underclock just to make sure your CPU does not mess up the Flash.

Also something Important to keep in mind, NEVER FLASH WHILE OVERCLOCKED!
Once you are ready to try the Merlin BIOS make sure you even underclock just to make sure your CPU does not mess up the Flash.

Cheers for the tip mudpark41

i just got the NF7-s yesturday and it wont recognize my mobile its multipliers are locked also and the chip is unlocked
i dont get it

What bios version are you using - i am running official Abit D27.

Have you set the CPU settings to 'User Define' and tried changing the FSB/Multi?

If you have already tried the above then you could try a modded bios such as Merlin D27.

Just flash the BIOS and see how you get on. The ram being detected as DDR266 is probably just because its currently running at 266, 1:1 ratio with FSB which is 266 @ stock on the mobile 2500+.

ohh yea were do i get the drivers for the network card and everything else from cuz the cd doesnt have it

can you tell me the default setting of a mobile 2500+ like the cpu core voltage and stuff like that
i never used such a complex bios before

my computer wont boot in windows under stock voltage and stock everything else.
this thing is annoying

forget what i said i got my cpu too 3200+ level so im good now gonna try to get it higher

Back