• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LAN not detected

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

daking0007

Hi, I am having an issue with both the RAM and the LAN on my new built.

Motherboard: ASRock x570 Phantom Gaming 4
RAM: G.Skills TridentZ 3200 32GB (2x16)
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Radeon R9 290 Sapphire 4GB

I keep getting the issue that the LAN from the mb is not detected. I tried installing the driver but if it's not detected it's not letting me install the driver obviously.
I found a way to resolve the LAN issue by removing the battery on the mb and do a CMOS reset. But as soon as I disconnect the power cord the LAN is disappearing and I am back to square one.

I am in a loop here.

I did a bios update and still the issue persist. I tried to change the RAM frequency fomr 2133 to 3200 and 3600 in the OC menu and the issue remain the same.

Anyone as seen this before? All help is appreciated.

Thanks

It's in there....

I've seen this before....but on an Intel board. For some reason the Wi-Fi (no LAN) reverts to auto in the bios amd doesnt enable in windows. I have to set it to enabled from the bios. It reverts to auto if power is removed.

I would consider RMAing the board with regard to that LAN problem. Have you contacted ASRock tech support yet to try and resolve this issue? Personally, I would find it very annoying to have to reconfigure the LAN in bios after every power off.

You shouldn't be trying to run 3200 mhz RAM at 3600 mhz, at least not until you get it stable at it's rated speed.

I have opened a ticket with ASRock to see where this is going. I can't go through this procedure every time I turn is off.
Also, I tried multiple RAM frequency for sake of testing. They all worked, but don't solve the LAN issue. My plan is to leave it at 3200 anyways.

Once I have more information I'll update the thread.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

It's in there....

I've seen this before....but on an Intel board. For some reason the Wi-Fi (no LAN) reverts to auto in the bios amd doesnt enable in windows. I have to set it to enabled from the bios. It reverts to auto if power is removed.

--------------

I did turn off the WAN radio option and still it does the same. I'll see what ASRock reply to me.

Nkt saying turn the wifi off, just saying the wifi connection did the same thing to me.... ;)

It would set itself to auto after a no power situation amd nkt work in windows. Setting it to enabled resolved it.... u till the next no power situation.

Nkt saying turn the wifi off, just saying the wifi connection did the same thing to me.... ;)

It would set itself to auto after a no power situation amd nkt work in windows. Setting it to enabled resolved it.... u till the next no power situation.

That's pretty garbage, to be honest

That's pretty garbage, to be honest
So was my mobile spelling...oof.

But yeah, I tried swapping the battery out... same thing. This behavior happens through the several bios' Ive tried as well.. I never asked asrock about this though... hmmm...

***Update

I open an incident with ASRock Support on Monday. They got back to me today asking me to filled the RMA form and they will send me a replacement with a box to ship back this one.

There was no troubleshooting done by them. Just the explanation and they sent me to RMA process.

I'll get a new board, hopefully not a refurbished one.

***Update

I open an incident with ASRock Support on Monday. They got back to me today asking me to filled the RMA form and they will send me a replacement with a box to ship back this one.

There was no troubleshooting done by them. Just the explanation and they sent me to RMA process.

I'll get a new board, hopefully not a refurbished one.

Thanks for letting us know, I look forward to hearing if it resolves the issue or if it is a bug on that particular board.

I received the notice by email a few days ago that it was replaced. Today I got the package, they've replace it. Took a few weeks with the current Covid-19 situation but got a new board.

I need to buy a video card to test the board.

Thanks for the suggestions and help guys.

This problem happens when the driver is outdated.
This may be due End-of-Support for that motherboard.
Have you checked whether your MotherBoard is supported by the manufacturer?

This problem happens when the driver is outdated.
This may be due End-of-Support for that motherboard.
Have you checked whether your MotherBoard is supported by the manufacturer?

The motherboard is the latest generation AMD board released by ASRock in the last year or so, it's not because it is EOL

Back