• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobile Barton weeks, steppings, and results!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
should get mine friday as well, and from initial results, it seems we want the MPMW 0343, not the XPEW 0349, also shows the newer are the xpew, the older mpmw, of course this is a guess based on what little results we have, but that's what it shows

It's good to hear that they're back in stock! :)

ChillPhatCat, very interesting, as it means that there are only three different steppings confirmed so far. One for each week batch that has been produced too...

I wonder if 'normal' Bartons with the same stepping (IQYFA MPMW, IQYFA XPEW, etc.) as these mobile processors have better results than typical Bartons do?

I'm hoping mine will be here by early next week, or even late this week. I can't wait to see how far I can get it with a Cascade, and my overhauled water circuit (which will hopefully be finished just in time for the new proc).

I added in the new results, and it is looking like 2700 MHz is a rough average overclock for these with decent cooling (I'm really surprised and impressed by the great high-end air results we're seeing).

felinusz said:
I added in the new results, and it is looking like 2700 MHz is a rough average overclock for these with decent cooling (I'm really surprised and impressed by the great high-end air results we're seeing).

To make the results in this thread more meaningful, it may be a good idea for folks to indicate whether a given OC has passed extended stability testing. As can be seen in this thread, stability can mean different things to different people.

Righ now I'm just tagging results where the method of stability testing was posted. If nothing was posted about stability, or stability testing, I haven't added anything. Personally, I feel that an unstable (stable being 24 hours prime p10, and at least 6 hours of 3DMark 01) overclock is no good to anyone - but lots of people have different views on it.

IdreamofDSl said:
Newegg's got them back in stock but they went from 89.00 up to 95.00 again. Hopefully they have more recent stepping in stock now.

I just checked, and they have only 2 XP-M2500+ left in stock. I bet the steppings are they same as they had before, as this doesn't seem like a part of a new shipment.

I just got my Mobile 2500 this weekend...it's currently Prime stable:

---Running at 11.5x210 @ 1.65v on an Abit NF7-S

---Load temps of 40°C with my initial WC setup, but the block is not seated correctly. I will try a block reseat tomorrow night to get my temps down.

--- Stepping:
AXMM2500 FQQ4C
K028555 A4010
IQFYA 0343 MPMW

I'm guessing this will be another to hit 2.7 or more, considering the voltage/temps it's currently at...

EDIT: I ordered mine on Mon. of last week (Feb 9) and it came from Cali...

Last edited:
I'll be posting some results this weekend on a mobile 2400+ and mobile 2500+. They will be here wed or thurs. Might also be noteworthy what warehouse of newegg's they are coming from. Mine are both coming from jersey.

Well I ordered my mobile 2500 on Saturday and I think it will be coming in late this week. The thing is that I also ordered a NF7-S and now I want a DFI Ultra Infinity. I'm guessing i'll have to pay a 15% restocking fee, which sucks. Maybe I should say it didn't work and not have to pay it.

i ordered one today.you guys are a bad influence to me and my wallet.:p
i did a little math to see the average o/c speed and vcore was.
info i used was what felinusz was posting.using the prime stable
speed and vcore.
average speed 2673.625MHZ

average vcore of 1.91

I got my prommy hooked up and am running at 2.76ghz. I need to reseat the prommysink tho. I think I used a lil to much seal string in the gaps inside the black rectangle inbetween that and the cpu socket. I'll update later hopfully I'll hit 3ghz when i reseat it and get the temps im supposed to. (and not 43c temps)

:) Nice work Cow2kie, is it prime stable right now? What's your stepping BTW?

I'm guessing the Prommie head fits the DFI board just fine then, which is really good news for you and _TRONIK_.

Ok, I guessed wrong again... I wasn't tightening the WB down too much, simply my comp was overheating at relatively low temp due to extreem voltages. I am running (last 20 mins) Prime95 @ 45C right now with a room temp around 28C and 2.5GHz @ 1.9V So in order to pump the volts more I'm going to have to get cooler air in here... I'm going to see how high it will go @ 1.9V...

Back