• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mobo problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

suty

hi i have a strange problem that seems to affect my pc when i try to run aquamark3 my pc resets itself ie shutsdown, anyone any idea what might be causeing it to do this? funnily enough i had the exact same problem with an epox 8rda but none at all with a abit kv7 i used the same components on all 3 boards i must confess i am stumped as to why the nforce boards seem to do this my temps are fine no overclock at all ram is generic though the chips are branded samsung ddr 333 in 512 and 2x 256 sticks cpu amd 3000, mobo is a dfi lanparty nf2 ultra, grafics is a 9800 xt, creative audigy 2 soundcard and an antec soho case and 550w truepower xp pro with all updates and all drivers are current bios is also the lastest the board is a week old btw but i dont think it is the board due to the same prob with the epox the kv7 got rmad due to a duff pci slot

Random reboots and restarts usually set of three things in my mind:

1) PSU. Is it up to scratch? What are your voltage rails like (use speedfan or mbm to find out)

2) RAM. Use memtest86 from www.memtest86.com and make sure the RAM isnt bad.

3) Heat. You say CPU temps are fine, but is the graphics card getting sufficient cooling?

hi thanks for the reply, my psu seems to be holding up no problem and i ran memtest all day yesterday whilst i was at work with no problems, sys temp is generaly about 9-10 deg above ambient at most the cpu is normally about 35-39 @ idle and 43-45 after a serious ut 2004 workout or a few hours encodeing video, no i dea about the gfx temp i cant see any way to moniter it, however i do have a very large non standard cooler fitted made by artic coolinghttp://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Other_Coolers_57.html

i still have the same problem and its aproblem i also had with an epox 8rda nforce 2 board, however the exact same hardware on an abit kv7 worked like a dream and i got a score of 36780 in aquamark however that was rmaed due to a faulty pci slot any more suggestions gratefully recieved i will say one thing tho the cmos occaisionally resets itself at reboot or after the shutdowns could this be an indication that the psu is on its way out? as the mobo is new i wouldnt suspect the battery but i will get another for what they cost and try that one final point which may be relevant when it shuts down i get a lot of crackle through the speakers so am starting to think the soundcard might be an issue with these boards

Back