• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobo Recommendation for E6750

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I do believe that if you find the link to the QVL for the P5K... that the crucial Ballistix 6400s are in there, not many are, for whatever reason. Usually coming here means getting the latest advice, right to the [point. Maybe some of that, however; ignore prices:

I bought 2x1GB s for the P5K-E/wifi-ap a while ago. Haven't completed my build yet, though. , Asus says something about 8500 doing 10666 or some crap. I dunno if its crap, or carp. Sounds unbelievable. CB6400 are 1:1, and if you got 8500s, thats a diff ratio, and what Asus is claiming I dunno. I believe you can't go wrong for DDR2-800 with CBs, but I dunno. I don't think CBs can be beat, at all, timings incl. One (or more) here had recc something diff for 2x1GB, like Geil or Mushkin or something. I didn't do my homework, but may have caught a glimpse of better than CB performance, but thought it was cancelled by some other parameter, like timing. Anyone know what those (RAM) were? The CBs recc., except for the 6400/8500/10666/etc. spec choice, won't leave you hanging, o/w for anything. Another thing to consider is that for draining every last drop of OC, you may need to consider how each product works, not across the board, but with each other specific component(s) in the group specifically.

http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/02...priced-ddr2-800-kits/page8.html#maximum_speed

http://forums.anandtech.com/message...2&parentid=26943837&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Branch

Hey guys just wondering,
are there any memory conflicts to consider for the e6750 mobos? I'm looking at the Asus P5k, and P5K-E, and maybe some cheap 2gb ocz or corsair 4-4-4-12's.

Do I need to spend more for better memory ie. munchkin or g.skill if i want modest overclock (460x8) ~ 3ghz?

Last edited:
ABIT IP35-E

If you do not need RAID nor Firewire, the ABIT IP35-E is an excellent choice and is priced below $90.

Link to price.

Read the thread in my signature.

Back