• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobo Stuck on this screen after POST

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nerdsinc

I was doing some cable management on my PC and after I plugged everything in, I switched my computer on. After that one of my HDD's (The one with the MBR) started making a weird rattling sound so I switched my computer off, unplugged the HDD and resumed boot.

Now my mobo is stuck on this screen and refuses to go any further.

I've tried booting on one RAM stick, booting without a GPU, resetting my CMOS and plugging my HDD into a different SATA port but this screen keeps on popping up when I try to boot into my Linux USB.

Do you guys know what this means?

My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-G33-DS3R and I'm running on a Wolfdale Dual Core.

Thanks for helping,

-Nerdsinc

I do, but I've unplugged it and reset my BIOS since then and this screen still pops up. This time it just says there's no floppy drive and plugged in my HDD.

My HDD's MBR is stuffed up though, so I plugged in my Linux USB and set my BIOS to boot to it. This screen still pops up before anything happens though... And it stays there.

Have you tried booting your USB Linux with the HDD disconnected, maybe the HDD is crashing the boot process after the "rattling" sound busted something on it

I do, but I've unplugged it and reset my BIOS since then and this screen still pops up. This time it just says there's no floppy drive and plugged in my HDD.

My HDD's MBR is stuffed up though, so I plugged in my Linux USB and set my BIOS to boot to it. This screen still pops up before anything happens though... And it stays there.

try unplugging everything extra from you pc, ie sound, extra video if duel monitor, hard drive etc... just have keyboard mouse, monitor and see what happens.

Have you tried booting your USB Linux with the HDD disconnected, maybe the HDD is crashing the boot process after the "rattling" sound busted something on it

I disconnected it the moment it started making those sounds. That HDD contained my MBR though, making booting up impossible so I stuck in my Linux USB and tried to boot to that, but that screen keeps popping up even when I tell windows to boot into the USB.

try unplugging everything extra from you pc, ie sound, extra video if duel monitor, hard drive etc... just have keyboard mouse, monitor and see what happens.

Yea, I tried that, booted with one RAM stick and nothing else. Not even mouse. The problem still persists :confused:

I think your HDD died, especially if it was making a loud noise (clunking).

I think your HDD died, especially if it was making a loud noise (clunking).

Ah, just to clarify, I have 2 HDD's. The dead one was the one with my MBR on it and I have since removed it. My other HDD works fine however, and I'm trying to boot into my Linux USB to repair the MBR on my HDD.

Last edited:
Back