• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

modding a TaiSol CGK760

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dr3w

Ive read a few storys on these forums about plp with a modded version of this heatsink to take a 80ml fan!

I was wondering if this was a simple as mounting the fan at an angle (as the sink has one side 80ml already)

Im sure i read that it was possible to actully bend the shorter side of the sink to 80ml wide- anybody done this

Idealy i would love to see some (or even one) pics of this hs modded with an 80ml fan

Screw in the fan screws without the fan, attach an 80mm fan to an 80mm finger guard, put the fan finger-guard first onto the screws on the 760 and turn the fan until it locks in place.

thankyou very much- but im a bit confused as to what you are saying :p

even though you have put it as simpley as possible :D

using this method- im guessing that the fan guard istself gets caught on the screws attached to the 760- right?

if so then i DO understand- if not then im still confused:confused:

WOWOWOWOW

thats EXACTLY what i wanted- thankyou so much

im a happy little bunny now:):):)

thankyou

ps. if anyone knows any other methods i would be interested :)

thanks again Formis

.. the "manzzon" way .... lowered my cpu temp ... about 5 degrees Celcius .... with a zalman 80 mm ... 50-51 degrees full load .... it works fine for me ... :)

/ fOrMIs

was that temp drop from using a standard fan- or from using an 80mm the other way- just strapped on?

thankx :)

i dont have my taisol yet- soon soon

how easy are the fins to bend- do i need a tool to do it or will the power of my hands be enuf :D

Back