• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modified "Mr Frosty" Icemaker = 2.5ghz w/ XP 2000+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JoeCrappa

OK....someone in posted in overclockers.com in the CPU database section that they hit 2.5ghz with an XP 2000+. with a "Modified "Mr Frosty" Icemaker to fit in spare bay " they're supposedly at 2.75v. is this crap or is this guy good? if he has one of these mr. frostys i want one too!! check it out though and tell me what you think. go to the CPU database section and look for athlon XP 2000+ and sort according to OC highest to lowest.

icemaker...hmm...

I saw that the other day and can't believe it at all. I don't think the cpu would handle 2.75 but I could be wrong. that's pretty expensive stuff to be trying those kind of voltages with.

If he could maintain a low enough temperature I have no doubt that it is possible. The only reason a CPU can't handle that much voltage is the heat it creates. And possible electromigration. If his Mr. Frosty icemaker can hold say -15 degC it theoretically should be possible.but at that speed with that voltage his XP would be producing about 195W. Not an unlikey scenario for a good freezer type compresser. Thats 600BTU at -15 deg it would only require a 1/10th HP compressor with a good matched evaporator and condenser. Check here for some info on freon cooling.Linkage. I'm still a bit iffy on that core voltage, but hey who knows. :D

I seriously doubt an ice maker made by someone named "Mr. Frosty" would be able to dissipate enough heat to get the processor overclocked anywhere near that much...especially since the icemaker is small enough to fit in a spare drive bay.

Come on, it's obvious he's full of crap there. The next highest overclock is 270Mhz below him, and that's with liquid nitrogen cooling!

sorry to say...but IMO its a lie....unfortunatly people want to submit stuff that is pure BS.....an ICE maker?..better then Liquid N20???..doubt it..if that person would provide PROOF, and i doubt he/she ever will..(ever seen a sig with a 2.5GHZ xp2000+?..if it were true that person would be THE COOLING GURU!!)..then i'll slam 6 beers in 3 mins :beer: :D lol

Um, maybe it's the guys from Taylor's fishing forums "doing unto others"!

I should think either of those two would have been on here long ago to share with a thread..."hey guys, check out my new super cooler!". I sure would have at 2500 :beer:

I want to too if it will do that for me but what I remember as a mr frosty from when I was a kid it was nothing more than a small electric snow cone maker that didn't work for sh*t!
I want to see the bench marks before I believe it though just seems like a load of dung! Why hasn't anyone else been able to get anywhere close to that?

It maybe bogus, it maybe not. Its had to determine because, this "Mr Freeze Freezer," is hard to uncover what the hell it is. I'm farmiliar that it's a freeze (Basically a slush in a plastic tubing to suck on in those hot summer)... Anyways, I think its kind of bogus to not explain the cooler, or explain how its running it at the voltage it's running at, not even temperatures. To properly operate under those voltage, I believe you need a some what -40, -30 full load temperature.

A website explaining his creation would be nice also.

i dont believe it. so you're saying i could OC an CPU
as high as i wanted just as long as my mobo and cooling
are good enough?

Starfox said:
i dont believe it. so you're saying i could OC an CPU
as high as i wanted just as long as my mobo and cooling
are good enough?

No, alot of the top scores are bogus and what it basically can post at. If you use LN2 cooling then you could definitely raise the voltage so high and post at that speed for a few hours where you just took out 75% of its life, then post it saying it was that high.

yeah i thought so. WHOEVER POSTED THAT CRAP...uhh....GET A LIFE! anyways...a sub zero cooler that fits in a bay slot would be great. then again..they do have pelts with Pelt PSU's that small..

I kindof doubt this ice shaving machine will do anything in your pc but short out the power supply. No one here had a Mr. Frosty when you were a kid?

Diggrr said:
I kindof doubt this ice shaving machine will do anything in your pc but short out the power supply. No one here had a Mr. Frosty when you were a kid?
great pic diggr! That's similar to the one I had as a kid but I was thinking it had an electric ice shaver for some reason. :D

Back