• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modified "Mr Frosty" Icemaker = 2.5ghz w/ XP 2000+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
just tell skip and skip will remove it.

someone had a p3 800eb listed as running 1400 mhz. 233mhz bus on a cco p3. can we say big lie.

aww...do i sense overclockers getting nostalgic in here? i think i dooo...lol its ok... remember the old days guys...

i remember my first comp was a P66 and 16mb of RAM...that was raw power back then. Windows 3.11!!!

Starfox said:
i dont believe it. so you're saying i could OC an CPU
as high as i wanted just as long as my mobo and cooling
are good enough?

Yes, I have been curious about this for quite a while:rolleyes:

I never said I believed it, I just said it was theoretically possible. I've seen Macci pull of some crazy crap with his machine. Ati radeon 8500LE stock 250/250 @ 389/315. I know its not quite the same. Oh well whatever, some people just need attention. :beer:

Imo thats a load of bs. Second off i know a guy who runs a modifrief vapochill(well you cant tell it was a vapochill but....) he changed the coolant and blablabla and runs his cpu @ -25c all the time and for some benching action takes it down to -40c and lower and he once turned the pot on his vmod too far, hence giving it too much juice(2.72v) and the cpu fired in less then 1 min :( so i dount that be possible.................

This one might do the trick:D

img.jpg

I had a scooby doo one, I overclocked a pentium 1 @100mhz to 8.345ghz with that thing,lol!
Seriousy I believe thats BS also, That thing would fry you from the dissapated heat if it was inside.

I love this ! I think it's a load of science fiction and somebody is looking for attention. If it worked that good you'd of think he'd posted it here. Funny thing one of my appliance repair buddies did mention a similar setup, but no way would it FIT into a DRIVE BAY! Nor would something that small handle the heat and get rid of it it's just not possible if it was we'd all be buying them.
Stay Cool
Pepsi

If I found one of those units coud I cool my computer and get a tasty treat from it?!?

well maby its possible with one of the big ice makers my uncle was in refrigeration when i was a kid and he used to fix em (im werkin on him converting an ice maker to make me a phase change cooler) those things can turn a gallon of hot water to ice cubes in like 15 sec:D

An Icemaker can dissipate heat and can help overclock a processor, how much all depends on the chip being overclocked, the size of the ice maker and other factors. That all said.....17 year old thread necro must be some sort of record. :thup:

Back